Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you more obsessed w/ Japanese culture than your own?

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Are you more obsessed w/ Japanese culture than your own?

In the end it's just like radeclew said: Like what you like. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks. If you're interested in japanese culture, go on. It's not like you have to only love your nation and nothing else is of importance.

Actually, I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with the japanese culture. I don't even know if that's really possible. I was born in Austria, grew up in Austria went to kindergarten and will finish my school here. Everything I do here connects me even more with my own culture.
    But I am very interested in the japanese culture, generally things concerning Japan and I like to find out something I didn't know before. I like reading mangas and watch animes but in the end my culture is my culture. I'd rather say that it's a "hobby" of mine. I'm interested in Japan because it is completely different from what I experience every day and from what I know. That's what makes it so exciting. It might be an obsession, although I don't think that this would be correct for me but it's not like I'm more obsessed with it than with my own.
    In the end, I AM a PART of austrian's culture. If it's a very japanese loving part, so be it.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lapislazuli For This Useful Post:

Xxajanae97xX (Apr 17, 2009)

Newbie Xxajanae97xX is off to a good start Xxajanae97xX's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    But I am very interested in the japanese culture, generally things concerning Japan and I like to find out something I didn't know before. I like reading mangas and watch animes but in the end my culture is my culture. I'd rather say that it's a "hobby" of mine. I'm interested in Japan because it is completely different from what I experience every day and from what I know. That's what makes it so exciting. It might be an obsession, although I don't think that this would be correct for me but it's not like I'm more obsessed with it than with my own.
    perfect way of putting it ^_^. i am interested in Japan because of not only the anime or manga but because of its interesting legends and history--just like how i love Roman History and ancient roman myths. Not many people realize how much Latin and Japanese is tied into our English language. Even though I love learning about these different cultures, in the end MY culture is MY culture and i'm very proud to be what i am despite its flaws.
    akame4eva!

Newbie missbad818 is off to a good start missbad818's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think anyone has ever told me i'm obsessed with the japanese culture sometimes i worry that i maybe, because to my family it's weird that i even interested in anime. i myself am african american so most of the people i know expect me to be into rap ( not that i'm not) ane ghetto than i am, but if anything my family thinks i'm white.lol.
    Hard work never killed anybody but why try it.

Newbie Xxajanae97xX is off to a good start Xxajanae97xX's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by missbad818 View Post
    i don't think anyone has ever told me i'm obsessed with the japanese culture sometimes i worry that i maybe, because to my family it's weird that i even interested in anime. i myself am african american so most of the people i know expect me to be into rap ( not that i'm not) ane ghetto than i am, but if anything my family thinks i'm white.lol.
    XD i know. my family and others used to always criticize the way i talk (aka proper english diction) and they would look at me like (o.O?) when i said i liked anime, rock, or stuff outside our stereotype in general. It's easier now though ^_^ people can accept me for who i am (or maybe i just ignore the people who can't). i love hip hop, but not stuff like lil wayne or 'flo rida" (XD @ that name)--more like lupe fiasco and talib kweli. But anyway, our stereotypes are retarded and being into another culture--Japanese or what--is not bad at all.
    akame4eva!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shiryu View Post
    Well, to be quite honest, yes. I'm more interested in Japanese culture than my own Filipino culture.

Well, mythological-wise, I can't really find a single defining factor of our legends and myths that can be worthwhile reading. You're welcome to correct me on this, as I really need it.

But history-wise, I have as much admiration for our Filipino heroes as for the heroes of Japan.
    are you kidding? the country has about local 180 languages alone and 7,107 islands that has it's own different cultures with myth and legends. well here's one legend i found amusing...the legend of apolaki. he's the son of bathala (god) who on a quest to become the god of war.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well .. It's Ok to like other cultures but not forgetting your own culture; You should always be proud of who you are ^_^

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not just more interested in Japanese culture, but asian countrys as a whole and such. Due to the fact my father is from that area and grew up there, I try to learn as much as possible. I do not know anything about my father other than he likes to drink, his birthday, and where he is from. Though I don't do it for him, I study and learn about the cultures for myself and my background.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't really do that but sometimes...sometimes i want to live at japan because of it technology...and the cherry blossoms tree...but i still love my own country because of it culture...so not more than that...i love my culture and my country!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast