Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Are you more obsessed w/ Japanese culture than your own?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you more obsessed w/ Japanese culture than your own?

Quote Originally Posted by loli22q View Post
    There have been several people that have said that I'm obsessed with Asian culture and have forgotten my own. Maybe. Perhaps it is true. I can't really say for sure. Rather than worrying about stuff like that, I would rather be learning about the things that I really love, like Asian culture. It does hurt at times, but if there weren't people like us, then I truly believe that there would be very little knowledge about other cultures besides our own.
    Are country is so young that it is hard to put your finger on what are culture is exactly. We are also more diverse which means that different groups do things differently. Therefore we do not have as established a culture as many countries such as the Asian ones.

Newbie diamond is off to a good start
    Thanks

lol i think i am obessed with japanese culture but lately i am not that into it now. maybe cause i just stop my drama and anime phrase again. =x

Newbie forgottenshadow is off to a good start forgottenshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Although I like anime, manga, J-music and have lately become a J-Drama addict, I don't think I am obsessed with Japanese culture as much as most of you guys :P and like some people who have commented, I never really get obsessed with anything, like showing great admiration and devotiong to celebrity idols and buying their music and merchandise with their face on it. Strange enough, I was never and still aren't into that sort of thing, I don't know why though :/ So I would say that I am not an Otaku^^

Newbie AnimeAddict is off to a good start AnimeAddict's Avatar
    Thanks

I am Definatly interested in Japanese culture than my own, my parents think im really strange that i read manga and watch anime but i dont really care if they want me to learn about my culture JAPANESE 4 LIFE!!!! WWOOOOOOO!!!!

Newbie Okysho is off to a good start Okysho's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, actually that happens to me quite a bit, although I'm half Chinese so I get it a bit easier than you do I'm sure... My friends still call me weeaboo and stuff, but I don't mind it... especially since Chinese and Japanese cultures share some similarities (Like their writing style, 'wipes sweat away' thank goodness).

But I'm also half Italian and that's where I have to start dodging bullets. My parents of course know that I'm obsessed too, even though they don't say it, but hell if they weren't the technological capital of the world, it'd be much less appealing and much less popular. Japan is popular for a number of reasons, it's not just anime... People (especially non-otakus) need to look beyond the fact that anime is animated. Many anime is geared towards older teens and adults, and they just don't seem to get that... UGH!!! NORMAL PEOPLE!!!

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the US is like what about 250 years old or something like that. Compared to Japan and many other nations around the world that's pretty young. There's more things to experience, more changes to track in Japanese culture and some others. I think that may be part of the appeal of Japanese culture as well as that of other nations.

But to answer the specific question, I'm not obsessed with Japanese culture more so than my own.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

The reason why I like Japan is because of the anime and the respect that it gets over there and the food is so great over there, & it is crimeless well almost but not like America where crime happen in some states like four times a day.. That is way I did not help celebrite the 4th of july Because the usa forgets it history and we are all way at war Japan is heaven on earth.. in my veiw and the winters over there are look great..

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

The only culture we have is pop culture, so a little bit, yes.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast