Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Are you more obsessed w/ Japanese culture than your own?

Newbie Okysho is off to a good start Okysho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are you more obsessed w/ Japanese culture than your own?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128 View Post
    The only culture we have is pop culture, so a little bit, yes.
    Oh how true you are!! The North American countries are much too new to have any culture outside of what we've oppressed... Those poor natives...

YES JAPANESE AND ASIAN CULTURE!!!!
    Okysho Kenyaku - Seal of Fire

www. onykysho.com

Newbie kaesong boy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Not more obsessed, I'm very proud to be Korean, and I love my culture, which is so rich and full of amazing history. I think I'm equal interest in both culture. Japan seems like it is close to Korean culture, we are different, but same. I like many aspect of their culture and ancient history.

It is dangerous to like Japan culture in Korea. Many of Koreans don't like Japan people because of many years of oppression and horrible torture here under Japanese empire many year ago. It makes me angry too, I wish they will apologise to Korean and Chinese for this bad part of history, but also I think is important to look toward futures, and don't allow a past to keep you from making a new friend. Those times were bad, but it's over now, and we can start fresh. But it's difficult for a lot of people, too many scars, too many anger.

I hope to see a day when Japan can apologise and we can forgive, and see many Korean interest in Japan culture, and also Japanese interest in Korea culture.

PROUD OF BEING KOREAN
    Hello from DPRK!

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

i like getting to know about a lot of cultures ^^ but to look at our culture i d'love to learn more and more about other cultures ... for me i see the Japanese culture is so~ awesome and very great to get learn to it , it have a lot of interesting things but to get obsessed by it ummm i don't know ^_^ ... it is sweet know know different cultures but the sweetest is to get the same interesting in all of them ^^ ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely no, I mean Japanese culture it's something but as Japan, My country in Europe is tiny and we preserve and we're proud of our culture more than Japanese ppl are I guess.

Newbie LenfestAndrewP is off to a good start LenfestAndrewP's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xxajanae97xX View Post
    i have to hear this from my older sister all the time, and frankly it gets quite annoying. "you're more obsessed with Asian culture than your own". Most of the time i ignore it, but it still gets to me on occasion. I am African American myself, but just because i love anime and many aspects of Asian culture in general, does not mean i am ignorant of my own heritage. Have you been in the same situation before? Have people told you how "obsessed" you are?
    I have been told by some that I should have been born Japanese and in Japan. I do have a great deal of respect for and knowledge of that culture. I was born a Scotts Irish American. Either way, I am who I am. I employ the cultural aspects I chose to employ and they make up who and what I am. Background plays very little part in life for me unless it's my own personal background.

"Looking for people to chat with so feel free to add me on messenger"

Newbie Canti is off to a good start Canti's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never been told that but I know im more interested in the asian (mainly japanese/chinese) culture than my own it seems that nobody I know really cares about it but im happy about it becasue i cant stand it when people try to tell me what ich should think about or what I should like I mean nobody can force someone to like something its just not possible

Newbie dorimon is off to a good start dorimon's Avatar
    Thanks

OH MY GOD! i constantly have to here this! and i never meet any people in the same situation, so it gets exausting!! D;
    one year for valentine's day, my parents said, "we were going to get you chocolate, but didn't you want rice?" and since i also watch alot of asian drama's and listen to LOTS of asian music, my friends and family say the only guys i like look like women and are asian (i guess because alot of korean and japanese stars have longer hair and take on a softer look, usually). but i like pretty boys, that's all! and i DO like asian guys, too. but that doesn't mean that's all i like, ya know? >>" they think i'm so close-minded to my only culture. yet, i listen to tons of music and like tons of stars. i'm equally "obsessed" if obsessed at all. i can't help the way i am. i grew up in the suburbs, so it's not like it was "cool" to be into asian culture. and besides, you couldn't tell just by looking at me, i look like a typical caucasian girl. i still hear it... T_T'

and since i spend most of my time in china town, have an asian boyfriend, and have been in asian club at my school for 3 years, it makes the critisim a whole lot worse.
    i get it from my asian friends, and other friends/family. ever since i moved to philadelphia, i just naturally fit in more with the "asian crowd". not purposely!
    i get things like "you're not white, you're deffinatley asian!" from asians alot. lol.
    sometimes i get annoyed, but i just breathe and try to take everything as a compliment.

i also face alot of racism/descrimination from asians as well, but that is a totally different subject, haha. my point is, i understand the struggles of it all!

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe out of all cultures that the Japanese have the most vast and unique of all.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast