+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Shibuya or Harajuku fashion person?

Newbie driftakira is off to a good start
    Thanks

Are you a Shibuya or Harajuku fashion person?

I love Japanese fashion especially in Tokyo.

Are you a shibuya fashion
    Shibuya Summer Fashions - JapanSugoi - Everything Cool about Japan

or a harajuku fashion person?
    Harajuku street fashion video - JapanSugoi - Everything Cool about Japan

I personally prefer Shibuya but you can spend the whole day people watching in Harajuku.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Are you a Shibuya or Harajuku fashion person?

Shibuya all the way. That is how I practically dress now. And I don't even live in Tokyo, fancy that. I love the layering, and the simplistic look. It's unique, and very addictive. Can't wait when I move there. That'll be fun.

Otaku Lotski is off to a good start
    Thanks

haha, i dont dress any of shibuya or harajuku..
    but if you let me choose, Shibuya will do..
    I think it looks neater..
    I dress myself with no so much accessories on.

If you don't like me, it's mind over matter.
    I don't mind and you don't matter

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm neither. My dressing is totally eclectic. I avoid doing the Harajuku street fashion thing in Malaysia though, because the kids who dress like that (here) aren't the kind of people I'd like to be associated with. When I'm overseas, though, I tend to go a bit crazy with what I wear. ^^;;

I don't understand Harajuku street fashion though. It's like everyone's out to outdo everyone in some "Who Can Look The Most OTT" competition. Sure, the "complete" looks are fine, but if you've been to Harajuku or have flipped through mags like KERA and FRUiTS you'd be pretty appalled. How do these people pick their clothes anyway???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel
    I'm neither. My dressing is totally eclectic. I avoid doing the Harajuku street fashion thing in Malaysia though, because the kids who dress like that (here) aren't the kind of people I'd like to be associated with. When I'm overseas, though, I tend to go a bit crazy with what I wear. ^^;;

I don't understand Harajuku street fashion though. It's like everyone's out to outdo everyone in some "Who Can Look The Most OTT" competition. Sure, the "complete" looks are fine, but if you've been to Harajuku or have flipped through mags like KERA and FRUiTS you'd be pretty appalled. How do these people pick their clothes anyway???
    I think they just close their eyes and reach into their closets. Whatever they grab is whatever they wear. Lol, just kidding. But I do have to admit that the Harajuko styling is a bit odd. But it's very unique.. and unique is good in my book. I do believe that it has a lot to do with competition. But it is like that everywhere. Even here in the US. People will get different accesories, trying to out do each other. But there is a time and place for dressing like that. For example. There is this girl who goes to my school, and she dresses straight up harajuku. But since she is the ONLY one dressing like that.. people tend to think of her as "weird". I mean, this girl dies her hair from cotton candy purple to light blue, and wears hot pink stockings under a bright blue skirt. So odd. But if I were in Tokyo.. I'd dress like that whenever I'd feel like it. Because I think it's totally cool.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Hehehe... I am neither really, but I do have my Harajuku moments ^^;
    Especially when it comes to the skirts & tights/leg warmers/whatever hehehe
    Yesterday, for example, I wore a pink poofy skirt w/ blue striped tights & leg warmers over it xD
    I just like bright colours and contrasts and such ^_^
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I think they just close their eyes and reach into their closets. Whatever they grab is whatever they wear. Lol, just kidding. But I do have to admit that the Harajuko styling is a bit odd. But it's very unique.. and unique is good in my book. I do believe that it has a lot to do with competition. But it is like that everywhere. People will get different accesories, trying to out do each other. But there is a time and place for dressing like that. For example. There is this girl who goes to my school, and she dresses straight up harajuku. But since she is the ONLY one dressing like that.. people tend to think of her as "weird". I mean, this girl dies her hair from cotton candy purple to light blue, and wears hot pink stockings under a bright blue skirt. So odd. But if I were in Tokyo.. I'd dress like that whenever I'd feel like it. Because I think it's totally cool.
    She's probably one of those Japan-fanatics. I know loads of people who dress like that simply because they're obsessed with the Japanese lifestyle & culture. I suppose it's really up to them, but they look ridiculous. And though I must commend the Japanese for their *koff* sheer courage to step out of the house and onto the streets in their weird getups... I... really... can't help laughing at some of them. My cousin and I were in Tokyo sometime last year, and though we're both Japanese ourselves (I'm 1/4, she's 3/4), we couldn't really find it in us to crimp our hair, wear colorful overalls + fishnets + tattered jeans-cum-skirt + strawberry-shaped bag + huge assortment of hairclips all at one time. She even shouted at some of them, "Okashiinjanai kimira, sonna hen na kakko o shite???" (Aren't you guys just weird, dressing up like that???)

Quote Originally Posted by mahiru View Post
    Hehehe... I am neither really, but I do have my Harajuku moments ^^; Especially when it comes to the skirts & tights/leg warmers/whatever hehehe. Yesterday, for example, I wore a pink poofy skirt w/ blue striped tights & leg warmers over it xD I just like bright colours and contrasts and such ^_^
    I wouldn't really classify that as Harajuku fashion since it's been seen in the UK and Canada quite a lot too. I personally think that Japanese street fashion is just a verrrrrrry twisted take on British fashion. With some punk & panto chic thrown in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    She's probably one of those Japan-fanatics. I know loads of people who dress like that simply because they're obsessed with the Japanese lifestyle & culture. I suppose it's really up to them, but they look ridiculous. And though I must commend the Japanese for their *koff* sheer courage to step out of the house and onto the streets in their weird getups... I... really... can't help laughing at some of them. My cousin and I were in Tokyo sometime last year, and though we're both Japanese ourselves (I'm 1/4, she's 3/4), we couldn't really find it in us to crimp our hair, wear colorful overalls + fishnets + tattered jeans-cum-skirt + strawberry-shaped bag + huge assortment of hairclips all at one time. She even shouted at some of them, "Okashiinjanai kimira, sonna hen na kakko o shite???" (Aren't you guys just weird, dressing up like that???)
    Lol, oiy rebel-chan how mean of you two to do such a thing. But I can't argue. There are times where I just feel total pitty for that girl. Man, you guys are part japanese, were in tokyo, and STILL didn't dress like that?! I would have done it with my friends just for the hell of it all. But I would have made it look cool. I wouldn't have made myself look like a circus performer, you know? It all depends on how the person presents themself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast