Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 13th Warrior

Newbie bone may be famous one day bone may be famous one day bone's Avatar
    Thanks

The 13th Warrior

Just caught this movie again on the Sci-Fi channel yesterday, and I had forgotten what a great surprise I found it to be. Really entertaining movie. I've always been intrigued by stories involving Vikings. Anyone else dig this flick?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah great little flick.I caught it in theatres way back when, the novel is awesome as well..its orignally named "Eaters of the Dead" and the movie was going to be named the same but after the columbine thing happened in 99' they thought the title was too.....risky i suppose, so they changed it to "the 13th warriror" at the last minute.
    Last edited by narrator; Nov 22, 2004 at 12:37 PM.

Newbie Sevothtarte may be famous one day Sevothtarte may be famous one day
    Thanks
    ***Spoliers***

I've seen this movie a while back. Problem was, I enjoyed the action amoung the beasts (later found out to be a tribe) so much that I was misleaded with the actual plot. The explusion of an Arab courtier from his homeland, and then chosen as the 13th warrior among 12 other northern warriors was unlikely, but added something different (the old sage/witch made it look like a prophet, "the thirteenth must be not of this country", or something like that)

I don't remember a whole lot about it, just going on my faint memory. Action with a light plot is sometimes good when you're feeling hostile, or just plain bored for the matter. Overall, it was average.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually I enjoyed this one too. It seems like everyone I've ever talked to about this movie liked it. That's weird, that so many people like it but its like a forgotten movie. Like no one actually owns it but everyone likes it. Go figure.

Newbie o74ku91n0y may be famous one day o74ku91n0y may be famous one day
    Thanks
    actually............both were adaptations of Beowulf...........which Michael Crichton seems to be a big fan of............

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think i seen this movie..is it the one when the guy learned their language by listening to them? if it is..cool movie, especially that part, when they're talking crap about him in their language (thinking he doesn't understand) and he starts talking to them.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    i liked the ending fight scene in the 13th warrior, especially at the end the way the leader was sitting there.

The end is important in all things.

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh yeah this was a great film i loved it i like anythign to do with vikings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast