Thread: 15 years of of success in the stars!

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

15 years of of success in the stars!

to mods and admins i already checked this out theres no other topic i found related to this and i asked frr_vegeta if it was ok and he said yes.
    --------------------------------------------------------

for the past years we have created things of technology to help us studie the stars. but not one of them comes close in comparrasion to the hubble space telescope. for 15 years we have studied the stars and watched them for as long as man kind has lived. the hubble just turnd 15 (1990-2005) and it has taken over 800 images of the outer worlds. the creation of the hubble is the most successsful space mission we (at NASA) have created and sent up in space. and so far we have exceded our expectations of the world and beyond. we have proved many things thanks to this telescope. it is our connection with the outer space and worlds, that yet we cannot get to, although this "hubble" telescope is our line for it. NASA has made a DVD of the hubble and on this DVD has thousands of sights you wish to see.

NASa website: www.NASA.gov
    if you wish to learn more about it, and conntact them in some way of form.

now they have also created a music video contaning over 800 images in 3 mintues on what the hubble has taken in the last 15 years it has been up in space.

link to video: http://hubblesite.org/gallery/video/revelations/

i would perfer the "MACROMEDIA FLASH FORMAT" and its "640x480 - 43.97 MB" but thats just me. just pick a program and watch it. also turn your speakers on as well. also a warning the first time watching it it will stop now and then so let it run for the 3 mintues by itself then watch it fully the 2 time around. plz comment on how you like it. thank you.

i myself loved it. it was very fasinating on what we have found. i hope that we will find even more greater things then we have in the past years. i also am trying to study to get a job at NASA to work with the hubble or soho (sun) telescope. so this was like candy for my eyes.

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 15 years of of success in the stars!

Nice topic, BTW. I am so into astronomy as well, everthing seems amazing to me. Thank you for providing us with those sites and videos. You seem to have done a lot of research on it or just you know a lot about it. And yes, I like it, no doubt. After looking at it again, I might have more to say, until then........Thank you.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't expect such a well thought out thread...

While it may have been up there for 15 years, it has had it's problems. I remember when I was a young boy reading headlines talking about lenses and mirrors being replaced on a telescope and I couldn't quite understand why they would want to put a telescope in space. Well I now understand the importance of it, and I'm sure that even with the building of the International Space Station, the Hubble will still have important uses in the future. Though it pains me that one day we will have to let it burn up in our atmosphere.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    I didn't expect such a well thought out thread...

While it may have been up there for 15 years, it has had it's problems. I remember when I was a young boy reading headlines talking about lenses and mirrors being replaced on a telescope and I couldn't quite understand why they would want to put a telescope in space. Well I now understand the importance of it, and I'm sure that even with the building of the International Space Station, the Hubble will still have important uses in the future. Though it pains me that one day we will have to let it burn up in our atmosphere.
    why thank you...

and yes it has had its problems i do remember that the first time it was up the mirror was broken and it didnt work, so they replaced it. but so far its been amazing. and it is sad that it might burn up sooner or later, thats why we have to appreciate it as much as we can untill then.

Quote Originally Posted by kendar
    Nice topic, BTW. I am so into astronomy as well, everthing seems amazing to me. Thank you for providing us with those sites and videos. You seem to have done a lot of research on it or just you know a lot about it. And yes, I like it, no doubt. After looking at it again, I might have more to say, until then........Thank you.
    yes i have done my homework for this topic. and i planed it out very well i might add if i say so myself (har har). and im glade to see another astoronomy "geek" here as well. thats great to know. i feel the same way you feel. and i think its wonderful that i can look and feel so close to the stars when im not. so this telescope i think was a great idea to make!

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!