Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2 Words: SUMMER READING!!

Otaku fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006's Avatar
    Thanks

2 Words: SUMMER READING!!

My school, I'm assuming, probably has the worst reputation for handing out REALLY boring required books to read over the summer. It's not that I don't enjoy reading; that's not it at all. I love reading, a lot. However, does anyone really find required books "enjoyable", or just plain old boring? It's crazy, utter madness, I tell you!

BTW, I just felt like mentioning that I bought this really cute Kyo [Furuba] back pack online for school! He's so cute when he's mad, in cat form, hehe. ^_^
    "Who's in the forest strolling? The birds and the bees sing Momeji. The frogs in the pond are calling. Momeji yes it's true..."

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2 Words: SUMMER READING!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a debatable thread topic...

Moving to Sensory Pleasures...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Hokuro may be famous one day Hokuro may be famous one day Hokuro's Avatar
    Thanks

Those books? I like to draw in them for the others, years to come.

My books are: Torn,bit,stained with bugers & have profanity all over them.
    I deserve better!
    AO SEX LEGEND ...turn the page...

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuro
    Those books? I like to draw in them for the others, years to come.

My books are: Torn,bit,stained with bugers & have profanity all over them.
    I deserve better!
    Ahuh... and then those people, years to come, get fined $50 for the book. Happened to me almost every year.

So I just blacked out all the important words and page numbers in the index!

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

I hated all the books I was given to read in high school french class (I'm a french-speaker) for a particular reason, each one of them (and there were many) was a tragedy, because the teacher, a pessimistic king, wanted to make us feel bad about the world, sentences such as "how can you be optimistic? No one is anymore." were his kind...

Now we had such books in English as well (ie 1984, Death of a salesman), interesting ones, but I disliked them as well. Because I'm really just at heart and love happy endings as well. That a story is entirely based on a man or/and woman that is doomed from the beginning of the story, during it and until the very end where he/she dies, strikes me as stupid when I have to read tons of them.

I am despite this dislike of summer reading (and school reading from the rest of the year as well) very in love with books, and my favourite author is Asimov, followed by Tolkien, followed by Robert Ludlum. So you can see I like quite different type of stories.

University obliged readings (not summer ones) are more interesting, considering the fact that you chose what you study and therefore what kind of books you get.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugh, Death of a Salesman was terrible. Anyone ever have to read Red Badge of Courage, that may be the most boring book i've ever had to read.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Thankfully, my school doesn't exhibit a "reading list" for the summer. Shit, the only thing I've read this summer was Harry Potter. I don't like reading. Not when forced anyway...

Thanks

I don't go to school anymore! My goal is to read absoluley nothing that's on paper for the summer. Actually nothing on paper until I go to Full Sail next year. Then it's back to the books, but nothing like those horrible novels from gradeschool.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast