Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 60 Years later. (The bombing of Hiroshima & Nagasaki.)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 60 Years later. (The bombing of Hiroshima & Nagasaki.)

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan
    But the Japanese bombed a military base, and tried to give an advance warning beforehand but that didn't work out. America bombed two of Japan's most populated cities, where children were going to school...people were at work...the streets were busy...all of them completely disintegrated...
    Not exactly correct. In Hiroshima, there was a underground military command post almost directly under ground zero (and who's occupants survived the bombing). Nagasaki was a major shipping port and transport hub, which also made it an obvious military target as part of a pre-invasion attack strategy. Still, the combined death toll of both Hiroshima and Nagasaki is less then the infamous fire-bomb attack against Tokyo, (where 6 square miles of the city was reduced to ashes) which has little historical rememberance today...

Also, the warning that the Japanese diplomats delivered late on the day of the Perl Harbor attack was not an official declaration of war. It was a notice on the breaking off of diplomatic relations. The fact that the Japanese diplomatic code was broken by US Navy intelligence (and the diplomatic notice was already decoded and translated) without raising serious alarms shows that no credible warning was given.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna

LenMiyata's comments show the need for an immediate solution at the time as well as bringing up the question, what would Japan be like now if Russia had ended up being the ones to take control of it? If Japan had ended up behind the iron curtain?
    Ever heard of the game 'Ring of Red'? In it, Japan suffers the same fate Germany did, it is split in two and becomes the forefront of a not-so cold war.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/164/164417p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/strategy...ed/review.html

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Ring of Red....oh crap, so this is the game? My friend has been telling me about this for a mightly long time but never got around to checking it out. Seems excellent from what i've just read. I'll probably be hitting Blockbuster within the week to check it out. If they still carry it.
    Last edited by narrator; Aug 10, 2005 at 03:03 PM.

Newbie ToysArent4Us may be famous one day ToysArent4Us may be famous one day
    Thanks

Eventhough I am against nuclear bombing, I think if the U.S. wouldn't have dropped both bombs either Russia or the U.S. probably would've dropped their first bombs on each other during the Cold War without knowing the true devastating effects behind it that could've been more horrendous than Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Ring of Red....oh crap, so this is the game? My friend has been telling me about this for a mightly long time but never got around to checking it out. Seems excellent from what i've just read. I'll probably be hitting Blockbuster within the week to check it out. If they still carry it.
    It's not bad, kinda like front mission. I really like the fact that the mechs are not streamlined high tech monsters like in many other games. Good luck on finding it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Toys
    Eventhough I am against nuclear bombing, I think if the U.S. wouldn't have dropped both bombs either Russia or the U.S. probably would've dropped their first bombs on each other during the Cold War without knowing the true devastating effects behind it that could've been more horrendous than Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    That's an interesting thought. It's true that without at least on nuclear attack on 'live targets' we wouldn't know it's true effects.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4