Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Abenobashi: Magical Shopping Arcade/ District

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_akuma
    the cheesy redneck accents got on my nerves really quickly and almost made the entire thing un-watchable
    haha, they have the texan accents because they're from Osaka. Now, with the English version of Abenobashi, they wanted it to be similar as the way they spoke in the regular anime... soo, comparing Texas with Osaka is how and why they have those redneck accents. Well, basically, because Texas is like Osaka... (trading state, economical simulairities) I dunno if I can explain it right now.... but I'll get back to you on that @_@;;;
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    The Sci-Fi episode, with genuine EVA background music is a classic
    I swear I almost died of laughter the first time I watched that episode... my friend just couldn't understand why I found it so funny, since she hasn't seen Evangelion at all.

I love this series, unlike other spoof animes before it, this series actually had a proper story. Behind it all the wackiness and crazyiness there's story about the friendship between Arumi and Sasshi, and them realising that their childhood is over, their world has changed and it's time to move on. It's all very GAINAX this series... with serveal parts even reminding me of some of the themes brought up in Evangelion.

I also really like all the Onmyoji refernces in it too. Even through they were all kind of warped out of context.
    It's a great series, I really like it... the only thing that I didn't like was the Mune Mune fan service parts. But I'm a girl, so what do you expect. ^^

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sounds like ive got something to look for at the stores over the weekend =P...sounds very interesting..i might just take it into consideration...haha...very nice info...thnx for letting me in on it

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've heard quite a bit about this but i've never seen it before. You think i'd like it Mamimi?

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah... I think Abenobashi is freakin awesome! I just love the comedy in it. The manga is funny too.

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Have not read it yet. But im getting there gotta finish GTO first then work my way to another series. but on the brightside it is one of my favorite fantasy anime. so brialliant them there GAINAX are
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    YOU LIKE MAGICAL SHOPPING ARCADE TOO? I did'nt know that many other people liked it alot of my pals said it was just too childish. I really like it.... but it's not my fav.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2