Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 144

Thread: Abortion.

  1. #25
    Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    somewhere that sounds cool
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Abortion.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    So are you trying to say the only time you'll ever have sex is to have a child?

    And what about people that don't want children, are they to go without sex for the rest of their lives?

    I disagree with this point of view entirely. Sex is not just for reproduction sake. Its a way for two people to show how they feel about each other, using their bodies. People who have deep feelings for each other are suppose to do it. Its natural. If we were only suppose to have sex to reproduce I think our mentality would be more like an animals...which its not.

    I'm saying I'll only have sex when I'm married, which won't be untill I'm capable of supporting a family. People take sex and marriage both far to lightly. There's more than just moral and religious reasons for waiting to have sex until you're married. By the time you're married, you (should) have the means to care not only for yourselves but for any children as well.

    And if sex is not entirely for reproduction's sake, then why don't more grandparents have sex? In the end, only love lasts and the sex fades. You just think it makes you feel closer, buit if you're not already close it will only tear you apart.

  2. #26
    Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Abortion.

    Who says grandparent's aren't having sex? I don't really go around asking my grandparents what their doing...but I'm sure there are a bunch of old people out there still doing the nasty. I don't think you're hormones disappear after a certain age.

    And besides, if everyone just had sex to have children the earth would be so overpopulated. And we don't need anymore people...if anything I think people need to stop having kids.

  3. #27
    Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    somewhere that sounds cool
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Abortion.

    Just out of curiosity, what gives you the right to take life from another human being? If you can truly answer that question, you have no buisness being considered a human in the first place. There's a saying "My rights end where yours begin" So if all humans are created equal, than we all have the same rights. So If you say this unborn child has no inherent right to live, than you are saying you have no right to live.

    Its impossible to win an argument saying it is acceptable to kill innocents.
    Last edited by Juggernaut; Jul 17, 2005 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Typos

  4. #28
    Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    5,477
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 172 Times in 147 Posts

    Re: Abortion.

    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Its impossible to win an argument saying it is acceptable to kill innocents.
    It's also impossible to win an argument saying it is avoidable to kill innocents, as innocent people die all the time... How many innocent people have died during the last two persian gulf wars to rid the world of WMD and protect the free worlds oil supply? How many innocent people died in the civil wars of Bosnia and Rawanda because the free worlds oil supply wasn't involved?? How many innocent people in world die every day from disease and hunger because of Goverment incompetence, indifference and neglect???? How many innocent people die every year because of drunk driving and excessive road speed???? How many innocent people die from cancer caused by tobacco smoking??? As a result of Goverment/Religious/Economic/Social reasons, innocent people die all the time. And sure, the unborn are innocent people, but does that make Abortion any different from all the other woes that plague the world today????

    And since the US as country, and as legal policy, supports the killing of innocents to protect national sovereignty, maintain trade, defend property rights, inforce laws, and maintain the principles of human rights, what is wrong when abortion is used to protect the rights of the women to control her own body???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

  5. #29
    Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Abortion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Just out of curiosity, what gives you the right to take life from another human being? If you can truly answer that question, you have no buisness being considered a human in the first place. There's a saying "My rights end where yours begin" So if all humans are created equal, than we all have the same rights. So If you say this unborn child has no inherent right to live, than you are saying you have no right to live.

    Its impossible to win an argument saying it is acceptable to kill innocents.
    Because I don't consider an unborn fetus to be a human yet. Its not born, its living inside of me, therefore its more a part of myself then an actual human.

    And besides, I don't consider abortion murder because the fetus has not lived in the first place. If the fetus was born, became a human, lived its life, acquired memories and experiences, then was killed by someone, then thats murder.

    And all humans aren't created equal, no matter how much people want to think they are.

    Besides, what gives you the right to say what makes me human and whats acceptable or not. Len pointed out a good point that human's are killed everyday for really stupid and unjustified reasons. So don't think women having abortions are these evil beings killing babies. Because men seem to kill everything else just fine.

  6. #30
    ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    buckingham, near milton keynes england
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Abortion.

    i guess what this question comes down to really is when is the child "alive", as moonunit says, before it's born to her it's not "alive".

    personally, a chance is life, therefore a baby is alive from the moment of contraception. the only case in which i would even consider abortion is rape, and even then it's not always the best option. i understand that if contraception accidently fails then it's not the peoples fault, but accidents happen and you have to live with them. i know if my girlfriend got pregnant accidently i would support her no matter what. but i expect being a guy my reply doesn't really count as much as i won't be the one giving birth after 9 months of morning sickness. but personally i feel it is wrong, and is murder.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

  7. #31
    *~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Heaven on Earth
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Abortion.

    well you have to understand that if a women gets raped thats not murder. thats what i think because they child was not supposed to there. the man who raped the women might not even wat a child and therefor the women would get an abortion. i wouldnt consider it murder if the child was of the raped mans (if you get what im saying). so i would consider it optional for raped women. as of it being an accident or just plane having sex. i would be alittel worried if i got pregnant with my lifemates chilc but hell if your pregnant with the man you love it doesnt matter to me. i would love to have my mans child. but i would take cations as of when it should happen and when i want it. i would take birth control and i would make my man use a condom. and if all eles fails...well f*ck. and i do beleive that its the womens choice of getting an Abortion. the man can have some say but its the womens body so its her disition.

    thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

  8. #32
    ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    buckingham, near milton keynes england
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Abortion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akurei Kakudo
    well you have to understand that if a women gets raped thats not murder. thats what i think because they child was not supposed to there. the man who raped the women might not even wat a child and therefor the women would get an abortion. i wouldnt consider it murder if the child was of the raped mans (if you get what im saying). so i would consider it optional for raped women. as of it being an accident or just plane having sex. i would be alittel worried if i got pregnant with my lifemates chilc but hell if your pregnant with the man you love it doesnt matter to me. i would love to have my mans child. but i would take cations as of when it should happen and when i want it. i would take birth control and i would make my man use a condom. and if all eles fails...well f*ck. and i do beleive that its the womens choice of getting an Abortion. the man can have some say but its the womens body so its her disition.
    thats kinda how i feel, if it's rape then i think they should be given the chouice to. but i also feel that even though it's the womans body the man should have a 40% part in the decision as if it's his child he may want to have it.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts