Thread: About Christian Union/ C.U.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

About Christian Union/ C.U.

I hope all the christians that are out there can help me with a probleme i have containing my C.U. There is two of us that feel the same. If someone would comment on this then please do. I am a member of my C.U. but there is one big probleme. The girl kind of leading it will only have a meeting in the evening at 7:30. I thought a CU was to get other people involved and getting to know God and letting other people come and investagate as you will. but she will only do the meeting at this time.
    I feel God is telling me that the C.U. is ministry work about we should be inviting people on campus to come in. So i was thinking that it would be better for people to come if it was a time that there is a lot of people up and about so in the afternoon when people have finished classes. Also becasue i live off campus and so do other people it would easier getting to and from campus and it cost's £4 a jounrey via Taxi into campus so i would like to save my loan as much as possible! Last night I had a vision or what i think was a vision with me in my sitting room with my mate next to me and other people in the room. We were casually chatting about God and what has been happening in the week. I told my friend about it just know and she said if that it is from God then we should start up a discussion group in Totnes, Devon, UK where i live.
    I don't have much self confidence but when i spoke to her again today, after really building up enough guts to tell that i feel it should be changed to an earlier time, or even a different day and she instantly said no again. This is not very good for my confidence!!!! I feel as though i have just been put aside and left alone to rot! I don't think she is really think of the bigger picture, God CU is about God and what he wants us to do!!!! i Don't feelike we are doing anything for God!!!
    Please help!!!
    Wat do people think, am i being selfish or am i right????

SaZxXx
    Last edited by Sazzy; Nov 30, 2004 at 12:33 PM.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    hehe...don't be offended....

both of you need to back off a little. She might have her reason why she wants to do it at 7:30....

1. Room Availability
    2. People turn out

Incorporating the community as a whole may mean not just students, people need to get off work, have dinner with family, etc.

If you guys are organizing it in a room. You need to book it, maybe other clubs have it booked already or it's not as easy to get an earlier time.

Maybe your leader has asked around for people availability. Other people may have classes later than you, or have club meetings, sports teams, etc.

Talk to people about it, ask her why she won't move it. Don't just TELL her to move it, explain why you want to move it. Ask other people what time THEY prefer, work it out as a compromise.

It's not easy to organize something like this, (s)he may already be bogged down or a little agitated because everyone wants the meeting to work around THEIR schedule.

If everything fails.....and you have enough people who also want the meeting at the time you want it.....make two meetings. You can lead one, your friend can do the other. You could also ask around for carpool rather than just taxi.

My friend started up a weekly meeting such as the one you mentioned too and we just meet at a local tim hortons or any other coffee place to talk and we pick up everyone in two or three cars. (mind you we don't have too many people....around 10 to make sure everyone is included in the discussions) We also meet late at night....usuall 10, cuz people don't get off class until 9:30 or play sports until 11 (but leave early for the meeting). We also move the day of the week around a bit if we need to, cuz these meetings are generally about the group not just one or two people, and when it comes to that, it's all about compromising.

Talk it out.....there are countless possibilities.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    hey a tricky dilema.... i to suggest talking it through, mabie you should try to arrange to talk with her at a convinent time to you both? is this girl beeing coperative and does she seem willing or stubourn?

i think meeting at a strict time is harmfull, it should be negotciated between the whole group. Also location is important, makesuer the meeting place is large enough, and esily accesable. (personally i would prefer some one's home where it is warm and comforatble,and able to provide refreshments/group meals are recommended where you all chipin on the cost.)

i think you should think of this more as a family group to, and mabie you shoud start your own group... but i strongly feel you should talk things through and disscuss (in a group the times and locations so that all are in agreement) all the difficulties. mabie transport could be arranged for her time or mabie she will adjust for you?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well i did have a chat with her after a lecture wich finishes at 5pm. I do know that Thursdays and Fridays are days where there is hardly any lessons, Except my course when we have body work in the morning. So there is not really much that goes on.
    She did tell me today that we are going to discuss the CU this Thursday and has moved to 6ish so we are able to catch the last bus to uni. I just want to get back safely and with having to pay too much money.
    The CU began in her halls of residents then into a Student common room. But are unable to get the keys each week. It is a room that is hardly used and not very welcoming.
    I do the sound of you idea of;

[/QUOTE] My friend started up a weekly meeting such as the one you mentioned too and we just meet at a local tim hortons or any other coffee place to talk and we pick up everyone in two or three cars. (mind you we don't have too many people....around 10 to make sure everyone is included in the discussions) We also meet late at night....usuall 10, cuz people don't get off class until 9:30 or play sports until 11 (but leave early for the meeting). We also move the day of the week around a bit if we need to, cuz these meetings are generally about the group not just one or two people, and when it comes to that, it's all about compromising.

Talk it out.....there are countless possibilities.[/QUOTE]

SaZxXx

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestions!

After speaking to my mate Jo today who is a christain but doesn't go to CU because she feels that does not want. She doesn't feel forced to go! So i decided to stop going to CU for a bit or how ever long it takes till i feel ready to go and feel forced to go.
    But even though i am not going. Verity, the friend i was talking about is still to see how people are feeling about Cu and if there should be changes, so that is gud!!!!

Last thought i would let you know!!!!

I hope that other people meeting are going really and feel really relaxed and welcomed, which i come to think of i don't really think i did feel welcome.....

SaZxXx

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ
    After speaking to my mate Jo today who is a christain but doesn't go to CU because she feels that does not want. She doesn't feel forced to go! So i decided to stop going to CU for a bit or how ever long it takes till i feel ready to go and feel forced to go.
    But even though i am not going. Verity, the friend i was talking about is still to see how people are feeling about Cu and if there should be changes, so that is gud!!!!

Last thought i would let you know!!!!

I hope that other people meeting are going really and feel really relaxed and welcomed, which i come to think of i don't really think i did feel welcome.....

SaZxXx
    yeah....never go just because you feel obligated to go because you're Christian...that would be the stupidest reason to even go! You're going so you can expand your mind and heart with your friends and to help those who are confused to see what faith is all about. I actually don't go to my own fellowship for church....but I do enjoy the time to meet up with my friends, and just talk about our faith....and ask questions (as bizzare as they may be sometimes). It's a better atmosphere if you at least know the people you're talking with.

Gather a bunch of your own friends up, they can be Christians, or non-believers doesn't matter, meet up and chat. I'm sure you guys have books that help you lead group discussions, ask around your Church and stuff I'm sure they'll be more than willing to point you in the right direction.

Go to your local coffee shop, student center, or somewhere cozy like that Homes are sometimes a little intimidating especially if someone doesn't know the host too well.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|