Thread: About winzip

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks

About winzip

I'm new to winzip, i just got it today. and i have a question. is there a way to keep a zip file unzipped? Like when i d/l a mp3 that is zipped, after i d/l it, i open the file and play it. Then later, i play another song. after that song, i try to play it a second time, it doesn't work. so what i'm saying is that everytime i want to play a zipped mp3, i have to click on the file and play. do any of you ppl here know why it is like this? is there a way to solve this problem of mine? Thanks. ^^

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: About winzip

um did you unzip the file winry. you can make automail and your having trouble with a zip archive. [ just kidding i just could't pass up that opportunigy ]. um right click on the zip file then say unzip with winzip. and you should be good

* also winrar is a better software that winzip it serves way more archive extensions .zip included.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

It could be you just double-clicked the file (which leads the file to be extracted to the temporary files- folder and then - when Winzip has closed and the player has stopped using the file - it just gets deleted). You should extract the file through Winzip to the folder of choice (where your music usually is, for example) and that way there'll be no problems. The double-clicking is just for 'preview', it's not for extraction.

BTW, in my experience WinRAR is better than Winzip, since it just handles a lot more file types than Winzip. You should try it out, they're quite similar on the interface side of things (clickie).

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't see that post ahead of me while posting this... [/EDIT]
    人生フゥ~!!!

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JEEB
    It could be you just double-clicked the file (which leads the file to be extracted to the temporary files- folder and then - when Winzip has closed and the player has stopped using the file - it just gets deleted). You should extract the file through Winzip to the folder of choice (where your music usually is, for example) and that way there'll be no problems. The double-clicking is just for 'preview', it's not for extraction.

BTW, in my experience WinRAR is better than Winzip, since it just handles a lot more file types than Winzip. You should try it out, they're quite similar on the interface side of things (clickie).

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't see that post ahead of me while posting this... [/EDIT]
    yeah. i just double clicked it to play. i'm so stupid. ^_^' thanks fer da help.
    Last edited by winryrockbell; Aug 04, 2005 at 11:05 PM.