Thread: ActiveX Firefox Pluugin

Newbie TotheEnd may be famous one day TotheEnd may be famous one day
    Thanks

ActiveX Firefox Pluugin

I'm running 1.3, the newest firefox. I wanted to play this korean game from yahoo and it said it needed activex. Well googled it, and found this: http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm . I installed it then I kept on getting illegal shockwave player action messages. It is annoying and interuppts my broswer. So then I tried to go into Tools/Extensions/ and I couldn't find it. Then I went into /programfiles/firefox/plugins/ and found it there, but it is a .dll file. I'm afraid if i delete it, it may cause harm to my system. I was wondering if there was a way to remove it, besides making a fake /documentsandsettings/username/mozilla/plugins/ then placing it there. I don't use mozilla, but i don't know, is there another way?

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks
    You can just delete the npmozax.dll from the plugins directory (this is what the plugin's web pages say just above the download links) [EDIT] You can delete components/nsAxSecurityPolicy.js and defaults/pref/activex.js, too, if you want a complete uninstall - these are all in the FF's root folders, not in the d&settings profile [/EDIT]. If you didn't read that part it is possible you downloaded the wrong plugin version for your Firefox ^^ (I'm not mocking you, just sarcasm - nothing personal, nothing at all...).

And by the way, Active-X is not recommended for usage on the internet through this plugin, since it is a security risk (like it is in IE). Gives a door for many trojans/spyware out there.
    Last edited by JEEB; May 10, 2005 at 03:55 AM.
    人生フゥ~!!!