Thread: adress to all Floridians

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks

Question adress to all Floridians

Ok who here has heard of Lakewood ranch? here is an article I found
    "If Manatee residents thought the last five years of Lakewood Ranch's growth have been incredible, they will be astounded by what the next five will bring. SMR officials outlined an ambitious plan to extend the growth footprint deeper into Manatee County, to the north and east of its present focal point near the Manatee-Sarasota border of University Parkway. Some 4,500 acres will be developed in Lakewood Ranch's next phase of at least three new communities, pushing its reach north of State Road 70 toward State Road 64 and east of Lorraine Road.

Currently the Lakewood Ranch Country Club, a breathtakingly beautiful clubhouse surrounded by sprawling homes, is the benchmark for golf course living in Manatee County. The next phase will include two more golf courses with comparable or even more expensive homes than the Country Club's upscale offerings. There will also be a new non-golf-course community with executive homes starting soon east of Lorraine, SMR officials said.

All of this is in addition to several previously-announced projects that are already under way or soon will be: the new hockey and multi-purpose arena, the new Main Street entertainment and shopping complex in the Town Center, the new Lakewood Ranch Medical Center and the new Town Hall.

Altogether, SMR plans to add between 3,000 and 5,000 new homes in the area between S.R. 70 and S.R. 64, approximately double the current number. And commercial development will accompany the residential growth: Lakewood Ranch Commerce Park will be extended, and other parcels are being developed for individual businesses along every main artery within Lakewood Ranch."

I myself have witnessed the growth,Lake wood Ranch now has they're own zip code. I believe lakewood ranch is taking over and will soon be its own city. If this happens what will happen to the east manatee county? opinons please
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Newbie Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel's Avatar
    Thanks
    What is it with this paranoia of taking over? 'Google' are apparently taking over, and now this!

Sorry, it probably means something to any other person but me =/.

Sig kindly made by Hikari Sakurai

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    thers a google taking over thread? Its not paranoia Lakewood Ranch is in fact taking over
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Newbie Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel's Avatar
    Thanks
    You never specified what it's taking over.

Sig kindly made by Hikari Sakurai

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Hell, gates could probaly own a small state if he wanted to. But yeah, a ranch city definatly something you wouldn't hear about much anymore.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, considering that Florida is seeing an increase and expansion in multiple areas of development, I am not surprised. They are trying to do the exact same thing with the Wekiva River by developing new homes near the river. The state has been doing this for years and years, I believe its just the politicians in Florida really don't give a shit about the environment with the exception of the Everglades. Mainly because they are federally protected. But, the rest of the land that used to make Florida beautiful or Old Florida so to speak is being torn down by these bastards. Why, because, and I have no idea why, but people from all over the nation are moving to Florida. Not just, retiree's but alot of families(which is beyond me, considering Florida has one of the worst education systems in the country). Unless Lake Wood Ranch can get the backing of the state government and can also adopt a city constitution and have a city council, I don't believe it will become a city anytime soon. However, I do believe that Manatee Country will lose the reason why it was called Manatee, and come on, the Manatee is one of the most gentle animals out there, they are just trying to have a ****ing happy life. Too many people don't appreciate Old Florida anymore. First, it was our Citrus Groves, now our Manatee's, what next.

btw, I was born and raised in Orlando, FL. I am also a second generation native Floridian.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Feb 18, 2005 at 03:22 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I myself think this is a load of bull crap.

They need to start helping the black commmunities before they go building all of this.
    Seduced by Flesh

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    But ranching city would probaly help out florida more economically. We're a society based off money you know...