Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Advent Children Considered An Anime Movie?

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks

Is Advent Children Considered An Anime Movie?

Just wondering if you guys think that Advent Children would be considered an Anime movie. The graphics are highly wonderful but what would it be classified as? Hmmm..

...and what do YOU think?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Hmmmmm Grumble Grumble

Using the standard defintion of Anime (Animation produced and targeted for a Japanese audience...) then yes, it's anime... However, this is not a universally accepted defintion for pure '3D CGI' generated movies, as they 'Don't look like' conventional hand drawn anime. On the other hand, there are more and more production (such as the recent 'Appleseed') where traditional hand drawn anime style is being incorperated into 3D CGI designs...

Anyway, this is an Anime topic, so moving to Anime & Manga Forum....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just like miyata said, Anime is more drawing and advent children isn't drawn .

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Sure it is, and Advent Children IS anime, LenMiyata pretty much explained why.

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Hmmmmm Grumble Grumble

Using the standard defintion of Anime (Animation produced and targeted for a Japanese audience...) then yes, it's anime... However, this is not a universally accepted defintion for pure '3D CGI' generated movies, as they 'Don't look like' conventional hand drawn anime. On the other hand, there are more and more production (such as the recent 'Appleseed') where traditional hand drawn anime style is being incorperated into 3D CGI designs...

Anyway, this is an Anime topic, so moving to Anime & Manga Forum....
    Whoops! Sorry then, wrong forum. But well, I was just thinking it wouldn't be Anime since Anime are stereotypicially not really drawn 3D and have big colorful eyes and hair colours.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    Whoops! Sorry then, wrong forum. But well, I was just thinking it wouldn't be Anime since Anime are stereotypicially not really drawn 3D and have big colorful eyes and hair colours.
    Well some of the best anime don't have big colorful eyes or freaky hair colors.
    Take the work of Studio Ghibli for example.

Thanks
    Well, sorry then. I made a mistake then. :S And well, I've never watched Studio Ghibli.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    Well, sorry then. I made a mistake then. :S And well, I've never watched Studio Ghibli.
    I encourage you to watch some of their films.
    They are...magical.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast