Thread: Aeon Flux - Live Action...?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Aeon Flux - Live Action...?

There is going to be a live action Hollywood flick based on the anime series Aeon Flux - starring Charlize Theron as the lead. Hmmm... I'm not sure what to make of that... I am not a Charlize Theron fan, for one. And trying to make such a classic as Aeon Flux into a well done live action film will be most difficult. I saw a screen cap of Theron, and she looked okay... Translated well, I suppose.

They will also be creating a game based on the movie and not the anime. Hmmm....

I guess we'll have to wait and see... I'm open, but something tells me both these items will be CRAP.

Any thoughts on this? Or if anyone has any more info, please share.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Aeon Flux - Live Action...?

I will see it just for charlize theron in it and shes digital, but all through the movie, I will still just be re-living my days when I watched it on MTV, the crazy ass animation style, they couldn't copy that anime style so I don't think it will be cool.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen the trailers a while back. It actually looks promising, with a good cast so hopefully it'll live up. If anything though it looks like it will at least be a good action movie.

Newbie Ghost_Hacker may be famous one day Ghost_Hacker may be famous one day Ghost_Hacker's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeh man the trailers look cool I cant wait to see it
    _GHOST_HACKER__("When Machines Lean How To Feel Who Decides What Is Human")_

Newbie bone may be famous one day bone may be famous one day bone's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm feeling rather skeptical of this film and the choice of Theron. I know that she's a decent actress, but this is quite the departure for her. I'm really just as surprised that she took the role as I am that it was offered to her.

We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    I've seen the trailers a while back. It actually looks promising, with a good cast so hopefully it'll live up. If anything though it looks like it will at least be a good action movie.
    I got to see the trailers last night... It does look good... And I do agree that it will be a good action flick. But I am concerned with the content... How well will they follow the anime, and how much will they add/subtract from the original story.

I agree with bone, as well. Theron is a good actress... But I just don't see her in this flim. She doesn't have that "grrrr kick ass action star" feel. She's more of a dramatic actress.