Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The age issue

Newbie Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death's Avatar
    Thanks
    i like anime.. its already in my system.. i can't work or think right without even watching anime.. even my aunt who's 40 got interested when she saw me watching chobits.. now she's so addicted to it... even my mom likes watching the chibi animes coz she thinks its so cute.. ^_^ i mean anime is for all ages.. and i don't think i'll live without even watching one for a day.. <(^.^)>
    Death Soul Collector

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GallComp
    If you like something then age is not an important fact. Watching anime doesnt mean you are an immature person for example I'm 29, husband and father and still I Like and buy Anime, and I may add that my wife doesn't like anime. so des that make me a bad husband or an immature adult, no, just someone who has a hobby that doesn't hurt anyone....
    I totally agree, i dont see y people mainly parents see anything wrong with anime, it never bit neone or killed someone...my friends parents are like this, and my parents are as well, they think that it plagues peoples minds, my friends parents, they dont wanna let him watch anime WATSOEVER, i mean, thats kinda odd, we grew up with cartoons, and anime, and other things, do they just expect us to play games? if so, how is playing games ne different from watching anime? I personally dont see a problem with it at all, i mean, it never hurt me or neother person that ive seen...i jus dont know why they would have a problem with anime, and how is it "immature"? Do they even know what immature means?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Tell me about it.... I have a older friend (approaching Social Security Retirement Age) that I introduced to Anime, and now he has a BIGGER Anime DVD collection on his shelf then I do (grumble grumble grumble....)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Age is of no concern....if you feel the connection with anime then you feel the connection. It's as simple as that

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Aye that...... age doesn't matter. As long as you still like and enjoy it and it doesn't take up all your time, as one gets older, you think of the future sometimes. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting too old for anime (I'm 21) and I wonder if I'll still be into anime in 5 years. Even if I'm not, I'll still be fine with people of any age enjoying anime. But if I still am, I'll still be enjoying it and going to conventions just the same when I'm 30 as I am at 21.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie cherry_chocolate may be famous one day cherry_chocolate may be famous one day
    Thanks
    grow out of anime??? *gasps in horror* Never!! Its my lifeblood!! XD Seriously, I'd probably have withdrawal symptoms if I'm forced to quit anime... Lots of people think anime is immature, even my best friend thinks so too. So they all treat me as a little kid. *shrugs* No big deal, I just laugh and shrug it off. ^_~ I'm not going to be ceorced out of this enjoyable hobby simply because some people don't like it. I've seen men and women over 40 yrs old buying/reading manga. And I personally know a couple of 30 year olds who are really into anime. =D

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Anime is basically for all ages. If you like anime, there's nothing wrong about it, no matter what your age is. We all have different tastes and likes, and it just so happens that anime is one of them. Some people just get the impression that since anime is animated that it's for kids, but the plots would tell otherwise.

Newbie Niku may be famous one day Niku may be famous one day Niku's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can't imagine a little kid watching Evangelion and not being disturbed by it, let alone understand it. I'm almost 22 and I still love anime and draw it constantly. It's not something I'm going to stop doing just because I reached a certain age. An interest is an ineterest regardless of age. I get hell all the time for loving Harry Potter. "Aren't those children's books?" -_-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast