Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Agnosticism

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Agnosticism

Right, reason for this thread is quite selfish, but anyway. If you ask my religion it would be Christian, but only as long as I make official resigning paper.
    Personaly I think I would be something what some1 calls atheistic agnostic. ^_^

But what I would like to know what you guys/gals think about people that
    answer that they are agnostic when asking their "religion"?
    And second Have you ever planned to resign from church?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism for more info.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Newbie Sacrify may be famous one day Sacrify may be famous one day Sacrify's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Agnosticism

I myself happen to be agnostic. I won't admit God or deny his igsistance. I still belong to to the church tho. Just because I want to be wedded in a church and when I die I want a funeral and be buried to a church cemetary...
    I think quite many are agnostic here in Finland too. Especially young people like myself.
    I'd say it's pretty normal...

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I am agnostic. Or atleast I'm getting there. I'm not as active as I used to be in the church. I used to be a youth leader, preacher, and a worship leader. But I lost myself. I still attend church on some Sundays. But it's like what my parents say "It's not just showing up it's actually believing and doing something about."

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble ??? smells smoke... Grumble

Moving to the Debate Forum....

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    Personaly I think I would be something what some1 calls atheistic agnostic. ^_^

But what I would like to know what you guys/gals think about people that
    answer that they are agnostic when asking their "religion"?
    And second Have you ever planned to resign from church?
    There is a important distiction between 'atheist' vs. 'agnostic'. The first is a belief that 'No God Exists'. The second is a belief that the 'Nature of God' (which includes existence/nonexistence) is unknowable. Proving the 'nonexistence of God' is just as hard (or impossible) as proving the 'existence of God'. And being 'agnostic' does not mean you lack religion, as most sects of the Buddist religion would be considered 'agnostic' in nature...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Right, sorry for wrong category.

You are right that agnostic doen't lack for religion. But for that "atheistic agnostic"- thingie I have some explanations.
    I don't argue about gods, because I believe that there might be no gods...
    But in the other hand I will accept god(s) if some1 proofs me their existence.
    Got that term from some finnish website so I really can't translate the meaning so
    you "must" believe me when I say that the meaning is something like "disbelieving angostic".

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    Right, sorry for wrong category.

You are right that agnostic doen't lack for religion. But for that "atheistic agnostic"- thingie I have some explanations.
    I don't argue about gods, because I believe that there might be no gods...
    But in the other hand I will accept god(s) if some1 proofs me their existence.
    Got that term from some finnish website so I really can't translate the meaning so
    you "must" believe me when I say that the meaning is something like "disbelieving angostic".
    Beleving about god aint about proof, its about faith. You believe in air dont you. Cant touch or see that either.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Beleving about god aint about proof, its about faith. You believe in air dont you. Cant touch or see that either.
    Well some people need more proof then just faith. I'm technically Catholic, but I consider myself Agnostic. I can't say if I believe there is a God, but I don't have enough proof to say there isn't a God.

I'm fine with it for now. Religion isn't a very important thing to me since I'm starting to believe more and more each day that when we die we just go into the ground and thats the end of it. I don't like that, but I can't help feeling that way.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that people who are born into religion are less likely to be agnostic. Especially if your parents have the habit of going to church or some religious function regularly. If you are influenced by religion from the beginning of your childhood (when your imagination is open and can be easily influenced) it becomes part of your character and influences your beliefs and actions for the rest of your life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast