Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ah My Goddess TV Licensed...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh well, If I don't rent the DvD's, and I get really desperate, I know where I can download the. *shrugs*

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    ........I won't get to see how it ends untill ***pain-**----maybee a year and a half.....(figckun region 1!!!) annnyyyway, it is good that anime's get licenced, because now I can support the artists and other people who acctually provide it in the first place.^_^

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Damn that was fast! It's still running in Japan too isn't it?
    Maybe this is a start of a new trend of licensing anime quickly to cut down on people downloading fansubs. Oh maybe just because AMG is such popular series.
    I kind of hope so, maybe that'll mean that when the Tsubasa anime comes out in May, it'll be out on DVD no long after. Hopes.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    They fansubed six episodes before it got licenced. It was one of the fastest licencing jobs I've ever seen. Why would it be licenced so soon? It's popularity would be for one reason, but come on!! Is that the only reason?

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Elfen Lied got licensed by ADV before it ever aired in Japan. I'd say that since the Ah! My Goddess manga is popular over here, licensing it was a no brainer. If anyone has an explanation on Elfen Lied, please offer it. I'm sad Media Blaster licensed it as all my Media Blasters stuff is low quality compared to my ADV, Geneon, and Bandai stuff.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Does that mean that Ah My Goddess TV might come on European TV? Because I don't know how far Media Blaster reaches, don't know the company at all.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Media Blaster is a U.S. (Region 1) Company, and is primary concered with the US/Canada DVD market. No doubt a different company will be involved for Europe distribution...

As an example, Pioneer Animation USA (now Geneon USA) had the US License for the series 'Hellsing', but for some reason, ADV Films grabbed the license for European distribution...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sigh... if that's the case, it looks like this series isn't going to make it's way over to Australia anytime soon.
    Companies like Media Blaster and Central Park Media NEVER release anything over here. Sure most of stuff is released here by Madman, after originally been licensed by ADV and Geneon, but usually 99% of the time any title originally licensed by Media Blaster or Central Park... never get released in region 4.
    There's about 5 or so titles I'm still waiting to make it over here... and all of them have been avaliable in America for years.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast