Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ah My Goddess TV Licensed...

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm... Have you tried buying it online?? Or are you not allowed to do so??

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have....... I managed to get two titles that way. But I live in Australia, and if the DVDs aren't released in the country at all, then I can't buy online in Australian dollars.
    I have to import from America, online. It costs me an arm and a leg, with shipping costs, money orders and lastly the crappy exchange rate. The AUS dollar being only worth 70 or so US cents. (on a good day in the stock market)

So yeah....... sorry for straying off topic there guys

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku nb194 may be famous one day nb194 may be famous one day nb194's Avatar
    Durban, South Africa, Earth, Milky Way, Galaxy
    Thanks
    why why WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! does every good anime have to get edited into english and choped up and ruined why cant everyone just watch subed episodes

"People are crazy and times are strange, I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range,
    I used to care, but things have changed..."

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nb194
    why why WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! does every good anime have to get edited into english and choped up and ruined why cant everyone just watch subed episodes
    If I had a nickel for every time someone starts whining about a show being licensed...

When you buy the DVD's they are usually the original Japanese edit and you can watch them in Japanese with Subtitles.

It's ONLY when a show is put on BROADCAST TELEVISION that a show is edited for content (FCC mandates, live with it) and dubbed into English (only a SMALL fraction of the American population even likes subtitles.)
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku nb194 may be famous one day nb194 may be famous one day nb194's Avatar
    Durban, South Africa, Earth, Milky Way, Galaxy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    If I had a nickel for every time someone starts whining about a show being licensed...

When you buy the DVD's they are usually the original Japanese edit and you can watch them in Japanese with Subtitles.

It's ONLY when a show is put on BROADCAST TELEVISION that a show is edited for content (FCC mandates, live with it) and dubbed into English (only a SMALL fraction of the American population even likes subtitles.)
    yes but still i hate when all the idiot little kids watch shows like this and naruto and act like its another naruto or something it just pisses me of now that everyone is going to watch naruto, and Ah my Goddess like its the next pokemon or digimon or DBZ it just ruins it for the Japanese anime that was created I can't stand it that there licensing all these great shows then changing the intros and endings and using crap charecters for the voices

"People are crazy and times are strange, I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range,
    I used to care, but things have changed..."

Newbie Nexius44 may be famous one day Nexius44 may be famous one day Nexius44's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah im really pissed off too about it. I mean, sure CN is better than FoxBox but they still have horrible voice actors ya know? Lol... Ill stick to my japanese episodes. Also, they are going to have to edit sooo much stuff out... even though it will prolly be on Adult Swim. This is going to completly botch up the show. The only thing im looking forward to about Naruto being licensed is the english PS2 games.

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks

Good

Cant wait, sounds delicious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3