Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Allergies

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Allergies

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you have serious allergy problems, (and have the medical insurance to cover it...) you should go see a professional Allergist and see of antigen therapy, (allergy shots) can improve your condition. Allergies are caused by a misguided immune system, and will only get worse over time. The shots are an attempt to correct the immune system response from a skin/membrane inflamation to a blood borne antibody response... If you ignore the problem, it will continue to grow worse to the point where OTC and perscription medication can no longer control the problem...

(And I know from experience, as only the perscription Singulair medication is effective during my allergy season...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

You could do that, a better idea. OR you could get Tavist *holds up a box*, heh, heh?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128
    You could do that, a better idea. OR you could get Tavist *holds up a box*, heh, heh?
    Read the fine print instructions that are inside the box. The problem with Tavist, is that if you use it continuously for 4 days or longer, you start having 'tolerance' (read addiction...) problems with the medication...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

I have really bad allergies too, that are sometimes seasonal...and sometimes not. What has always worked 4 me(and it's not perscription) is Benadryll. It helps a lot. The only thing is it makes you a little drowsy, but if your moving around, it shouldn't make you that tired. Also, from what I know it's not addictive. Next time your feeling the symptoms(and you shouldn't use it all the time--like anything else) take one or two. Just as long as you're not driving for long periods of time, the drowsiness thing shouldn't effect you that strongly.
    --Just my advice

Otaku miranda2354 may be famous one day miranda2354 may be famous one day miranda2354's Avatar
    Thanks

but I once went to sleep,and when I woke up my cheeks were red so my mom called the doctor and turns out I was allergic to my medecin

Thanks Zackraa for the awesome sig

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

My dad has allergies REALLY bad - usually in summer. I have a food allergy... I am allergic to bananas. I don't know why - I love the taste of bananas. But everytime I eat one, I get sick... Dr. said there is really no reason why.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Seasonal and non-seasonal. Everything from certain foods, to fur, to hay fever. And to top it all off, *drum roll*, I'm allergic to Sudifed and Sudifed products. Benadryl is my friend. My best friend (well... besides my husband).

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Seasonal and non-seasonal. Everything from certain foods, to fur, to hay fever. And to top it all off, *drum roll*, I'm allergic to Sudifed and Sudifed products. Benadryl is my friend. My best friend (well... besides my husband).
    No Sudifed?! I would die... That's the only thing I can take when I am sick. Nothing else seems to work. *sigh* I like Benadryl - For some reason it makes everyone else fall asleep- everyone else except me.

I also have a deathly allergy to wasps and hornets... I have to give myself an epipan shot if I get stung. It's not very fun... And then I am sick for days afterward.
    Last edited by Spike'sRose; Sep 27, 2005 at 01:47 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast