Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'Allo!

Newbie thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem's Avatar
    Thanks

'Allo!

It's the oldest riddle in the books, really...

So there you stand, faced with two doors. One door lead to the castle at the center of the labyrinth, and the other one leads to (bum bum bom) certain doom.

Now there are two minions guarding these doors, more than willing to help you.

Minion Red: But I must warn you that one of us always tells the truth and one of us always lies. That's the rules too, he always lies.
    Minion Blue: I do not! I tell the truth!
    Minion Red: Oh what a lie!

You may only ask one question.

Oh, yes, by the by, I am the zero system. Be afraid.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Old riddle... but i've always had my doubts about the so called 'answer'.

Anyway, welcome to AO.net. ^^

Hope you have fun.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This was used in a 'Dr. Who' Episode. The solutions is to go up to a minion (anyone, it doesn't matter which) and ask... 'I seek the door to the castle, tell me the answer the other minion will give me' and after receiving the answer, take the opposite door...

Anyway, welcom to EAO, and be sure to read over the Forum Rules...
    http://www.animeonline.net/f3/announcements.html

Now how about this brain teaser. Your on the island of Knights and Knaves. You know that Knights ALWAYS tell the TRUTH, and Knaves ALWAYS LIES. You come across a party of five individuals...

The first one says "Were all Knights"
    The second one says "Were all Knaves"
    The third one says "There is only one Knight present, and I'm that Knight"
    The fourth one says "There is at least one Knight present"
    The fifth one says "There are exactly two Knights present"

So, who's Knight, and who's a Knave, and why???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem may be famous one day thezerosystem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ah, but can LenMiyata san phrase it as a question?

Took me hours, and I never did get it till I watched Labyrinth. But then I have the mental retention of a cheese sandwhich...

I've never heard that version of the knights and knaves riddle. It reminds me of Portia's Casket.

Thanks everybody! I try not to post if I don't have something at least halfway intelligent to say, but I do suffer from a slight excess of personality, I would like to apologize in advance for any random maddness that I might add...

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Greeting zero system! i believe there is one Knight, the forth one, the first two are liers, so 2 knaves so far, the 3rd one is a lier too, while there is one Knight, its no him, the 4th is a knight, and he is telling the truth, so he is a knight, the last one is lieing, if there were 2 knights the other knight would have said so. And that is why there is one knight i believe, good riddle btw.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Quote Originally Posted by Juice
    Greeting zero system! i believe there is one Knight, the forth one, the first two are liers, so 2 knaves so far, the 3rd one is a lier too, while there is one Knight, its no him, the 4th is a knight, and he is telling the truth, so he is a knight, the last one is lieing, if there were 2 knights the other knight would have said so. And that is why there is one knight i believe, good riddle btw.
    Close, but, if there was only one Knight present, then part of what the 3rd person said would be true, (and being Knights and Knaves, it's either ALL Truth, or ALL Lies, as half truths and half lies aren't allowed...), If the 3rd person is a Knave, then the statement that 'There is only one Knight present' must be false. And since the 2nd person is a Knave his statement 'Were all Knaves' is false, which means that there is at least 'one Knight present' which is the statement of the 4th, (a Knight with a true statement). With 'One Knight present' being false, that must mean there are TWO Knights Present (which agrees with the statment 'At least one Knight Present' or Knight >= 1) making the 5th a Knight...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    Greetings, mortal! Welcome to AO! Hehe! You're riddle reminded me of YGO... Anyway, hope you have fun here. We don't mind what 'madness' you're going to cause as long as it's not too much of a madness. Catch my drift? See you around,

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Close, but, if there was only one Knight present, then part of what the 3rd person said would be true, (and being Knights and Knaves, it's either ALL Truth, or ALL Lies, as half truths and half lies aren't allowed...), If the 3rd person is a Knave, then the statement that 'There is only one Knight present' must be false. And since the 2nd person is a Knave his statement 'Were all Knaves' is false, which means that there is at least 'one Knight present' which is the statement of the 4th, (a Knight with a true statement). With 'One Knight present' being false, that must mean there are TWO Knights Present (which agrees with the statment 'At least one Knight Present' or Knight >= 1) making the 5th a Knight...
    Ah i see, it all makes sense now. BTW zero you should check out the Riddles Thread.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast