Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Allow "Evil"?

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Umm.. I never said anything about the clan havin their own web-page, but the third reich web ring?? 1. are you sure it isn't a web ring about the GAME "third reich" 2. There possibly could be webrings about the third reich as long as its "info tollerent" such as a war time get together to see who's still alive from our squad kinda thing. But is it DEVOTED to the progress of the third reich?--If you're right, wow... that is weird.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    Umm.. I never said anything about the clan havin their own web-page, but the third reich web ring?? 1. are you sure it isn't a web ring about the GAME "third reich" 2. There possibly could be webrings about the third reich as long as its "info tollerent" such as a war time get together to see who's still alive from our squad kinda thing. But is it DEVOTED to the progress of the third reich?--If you're right, wow... that is weird.
    Actually it was GamesTesterJan who mentioned the KKK.

It definatly wasn't about the game. I didn't look to close but the site I saw sold memorabilia and replicas of Third Reich uniforms, equipment, and weaponry. Anything you could possibly want to pretend to be a nazi was availible. You know the kind, "we have authentic....for your pleasure!" The web ring part surpised me as well though.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm.. i don't think that america should jail these type of people or restrict their rights... unless they start something first...
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't know... it depends. I do think they have to start something, then the US can do something. I mean, the KKK and neo-Nazis are allowed to have all the basic rights (but so are criminals). I personally am against them, but still. They should be allowed the same as everyone else, and if they step over the line, then they're just criminals.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Newbie THE SUMMONED 1 may be famous one day THE SUMMONED 1 may be famous one day THE SUMMONED 1's Avatar
    Thanks
    well due the the fact that Im black I wouldnt care but when it comes to freedom of speach I think everyone has the right to voice their opinon be it good or bad. But with that in mind I dont think It would be hard to find a site on that kind of stuff for one its in existance now and 2 it apart of history.It may be hard to find a site because mabe certain search sites (mabe google or yahoo I dont know) dont want to be involved with that kind of stuff. just my thoughts, not sure though.
    also I think their might be some word play involved. Mabe Im wrong but I thougth that most nazi or neo nazi prase Hittler, which goes without saying that their site would in some way be dedicated to him and/or his teachings and way of life.
    Last edited by THE SUMMONED 1; Jan 26, 2005 at 04:07 AM.

*GIVE UP THE POCKY!!!*

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think restricting people's rights is wrong, however because our world is very diverse, many people are offended by what the KKK and the Third Reich believe, it may be a matter of public taste, also, in terms of North Korea, thats a hot-bed already, we have not used our nuclear armament though it still does exist, however they have the intention of builidng one for their own protection, however I feel that nuclear war is not the right way to fight. If limiting North Korea stops them from unleashing nuclear winter when they so choose, then so be it-bearing in mind that we don't unleash our nulcear program.

I do not with to think what would happen if we reached a nuclear war, think Hiroshima times 10 or maybe even 100.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Well, America shouldn't restrict anyone, unless they're a harm to society, but even when you dislike America and it's goverment, they will still catorgorize, and label you as "bad" and "corupt". So even if it's unlawful, the goverment still does it. This subject had been turing over, coming into the 21 century.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Newbie Yeager the Great may be famous one day Yeager the Great may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    Ok, I'll try and make this question simpler because of confusion...

Is it ok for america to restrict the rights of people like nazis and communists?
    YES, they do restrict their rights... Try finding a internet site devoted to hitler or the third rhich. There's a law against it.
    Care to cite what law that would be? As far as I know the 1st Amendment prevent the Government from actually passing such a law.

However, while there are no laws restricting such sites vulgar content, law makers and law enforcement agencies can make laws that shut sites down that incite criminal activity.

Example is an article from CNET (its old but serves my purpose), about how an anti-abortion site that post "wanted" photos of roughly 200 abortion doctors, was shut down by its ISP following the US District Court (Oregon) ruling against activist who posted on that site. Links to the article will be below.

ISP shuts down antiabortion site

Now the point is that the site that was shut down did not stop short of saying abortion is bad, or that that the doctors who performed such procedures were murders, but its members posted the photos and names of those doctors. Putting peoples lives in danger. That is where the government and law enforcement draws the line between opinion and violence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast