Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alone

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks

Alone

This thread opening is going to be short... but have a direct point to, alot (maybe), of people...

Are you surrounded by family, friends, acquantinces left and right, loved ones, people in general everyday and yet for some unknown reason, or even an explainable reason but you don't really know what it is, you feel Alone; wandering out in a open field, darkenss just over the horizon, every now and again hearing the voices calling to you and you don't know who or what they are?

You try to stand tall and proud, strong and confident, fighting to do what is right everyday, keeping your own morals and beliefs (mine being Honor, Loyalty, Courage, Wisdom, Strength, Faith), and yet for some reason you still feel the worst of all things will happen to you in the end?

I guess a short analogy would be this.
    I sit on a throne in a kingdom,
    People surrounding me in every direction,
    Yet I cannot fill my heart with warmth,
    Because some dark premonition haunts my every thought.
    Is the kingdom, which I built in me, about to crumble in my very own hands?

I'm babblling on, because it's troublesome...

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    hm....my friend kinda posted something similar in her blog recently....maybe it's the weather?

But yes, I do feel alone dispite everyone around me, lots of people whom I know care and love me, including God (but that's not the point). But that's life, people are around you, living and struggling just as you are, their priorities will always be themselves, unless you reach out...and talk to them or grasp their attention. It doesn't mean you're not loved, doesn't mean they don't care...just means, only you truely understand yourself, only you know what your deepest darkest fears are, only you live with yourself, every step of the way, only you understand that which you understand, perceive what you perceive, alone in your struggle through life, tho among everyone else going through the same struggle. Alike, but unique.

The one thing I learnt very early on, is that if you wish to not feel alone, reach out. People don't know you're drowning unless you yell out or when it's too late. Everyone has friends, it just depends if you let them be your friends or not. No one can really help you unless you let them. Sure people seem too busy, too occupied, too troubled by their own little world. But speak up, don't be scared. Your friends would rather you do so, than be afraid to distrupt their mundane lives.

As for standing proud and fighting for what you deem right...you'll only lose that battle if you admit defeat. There is no end to that fight, don't bother looking for one. You live your life standing up for yourself, the ones you care about and your ideals...it's a life long battle, with no real winner. I mean, we all die. All we're fighting for is to make a difference, however small, however irrelevant...it's a big deal and very relevant to someone somewhere.

All I can say is, take a deep breath and wake up to a new day, new opportunities.
    Do not assume that (s)he who seeks to comfort you now, lives untroubled among the simple and quiet words that sometimes do you good. His/Her life may also have much sadness and difficulty, that remains far beyond yours. Were it otherwise, (s)he would never have been able to find these words.
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    The one thing I learnt very early on, is that if you wish to not feel alone, reach out. People don't know you're drowning unless you yell out or when it's too late.
    Don't get me wrong in what I was saying. I do talk to everyone I know, family, friends, and acquaintances. I could just have met you 5 mins ago and told you my life story. It's not that I don't reach out. But another thing you've said is true; I am the only one who knows myself; truly knows myself.

Just I'm still trying to figure out why, we as humans, HAVE to walk alone I guess...

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just to refrase your question so that it's more of an opinion based thing instead of a possible journal entry, you may want to ask, "Why do you belive that some people feel (explain what you want to talk about)?"

That would be more appropriate other wise you might get people telling you to save it for your journal.

But anyway I know what your talking about. I talk to everyone in my school basically, obviously I'm not friends with all of them but I'm on good terms with virtually all of them. And yet I feel pretty alone at times; however it's not a longing for a friend type of thing, it's more like wanting a romantic relationship with various people.

Some peole it could be a friend thing as in they aren't incredably close with anyone and I can sorta identify with that, as there really isn't anyone I completely trust.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Thanks
    Well I guess you can kinda say that this thread is a journal/opinion based question.

It's not a feeling of longing for anything in particular that I have, though others may. It's not that I don't have anyone important in my life, because I do; my wife and daughter; friends, a few really good friends, and alot of acquaintances.

So like you said in the last post... maybe it should've been why "blah blah blah... Alone", but I just had to explain my side, which is why this thread is a dual thread: Journal Entry/Opinion-based question.

I don't really like to quote lyrics from songs, but it makes sense for this thread.
    I walk this lonely road, the only one that I have ever known... don't know where it goes, but it's only me and I walk alone. Billy Joel Armstrong - Green Day

a17
    Newbie a17 may be famous one day a17 may be famous one day a17's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I -have- felt alone like that, yet i had friends and family around me. But that was only during my high school years and those are long gone (though with that said... on the od rare ocation it does still happen to me). Back then, I didnt have noone to share my thoughts with & love, me then... only had half of my self satiated - the other half thoughts/wants was never satisfied. To me the cause of thta kinda lonelyness is merely that we got wants or thoughts that aint satisfied and start to intefere.

Newbie OracleAngel may be famous one day OracleAngel may be famous one day OracleAngel's Avatar
    Thanks
    And i thought there werrent people who feel the same way i do everyday in life like that....i do sometimes wander about, as if i wasnt even there and that my family, friends and people i know just go on with their lives and im just a freaking shadow to them....always felt alone looking for people who have that same feeling as i but the more i look, the more i just walk my seperate path...But always felt strong inside that i can help the more unfortunate soul in this earth cos thats the outcome of my loneliness in this earth. Maybe its a coincidence but for me i guess the God have choosen me to be that type of person.

Never feel alone because theres a few like us who actually do care and that the only thing we have is ourselves....

~ Minitokyo | Blog/Fanfic | Imanimetions~
    "Imagination can move mountains.. no wonder no one believes us"

Thanks
    [QUOTE]always felt alone looking for people who have that same feeling as i but the more i look, the more i just walk my seperate path...But always felt strong inside that i can help the more unfortunate soul in this earth cos thats the outcome of my loneliness in this earth.[/QOUTE]

That's pretty much how I feel also, wrapped up in a nutshell... as if maybe that's just the path I was chosen to walk, as a Guardian. That's what I've done my whole life. I've guarded and protected everyone I know, in one form or another. It's what my name means, and I believe that is what I was born/meant to do.
    Here comes a horrible analogy: It's like I'm Superman. I have all the powers, skill, and abilities in the world to save anyone and everyone that I can. But I am still so distant and different from them that I am all alone; only to retreat to my fortress of solitude. That's just the way it was supposed to be, the life of a protector is one of pain, loss, and suffering.

<A new thread is about to span from this one. Check it out in the same categorical forum.>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast