Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alternitives to Photoshop - or "how not to be a pirate"

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Alternitives to Photoshop - or "how not to be a pirate"

I myself actually prefer macromedia Fireworks which can be gotten for 1/2 the price of photoshop. Once in a while I'll use imageready if I just need to take care of something quickly. I'd use photoshop but my 30 day trial expired

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Given my current crisis....i think these programs will do just fine until i'm able to get my pc fixed and PSP8 up and running again, whenever that is........

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

To each his own. I personally prefer photoshop. but when your on a linux box you have to learn to adjust.

Besides, there are some here who can't afford PS or Fireworks for that matter and I'm just giving them another option if they can't. I sure know I coudln't afford Photoshop when I was 15...even if I could have gotten it at half price.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    I myself actually prefer macromedia Fireworks which can be gotten for 1/2 the price of photoshop. Once in a while I'll use imageready if I just need to take care of something quickly. I'd use photoshop but my 30 day trial expired
    Have you tried setting your computer clock back? Cheap, yes, but usually effective as well.

Newbie B1ad3_k1n6 may be famous one day B1ad3_k1n6 may be famous one day B1ad3_k1n6's Avatar
    Thanks

it still said the same thing, but could gimpshop be the same as gimp 2.0?
    The maximum size for an image in your signature is 450x110 pixels, please resize your image.

i keep on thinking it's not good bye, i keep on thinking it's our time to fly
    FRIENDS FOREVER!!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

GIMP and GIMPshop are the same program under the hood. They use the same source code and both are based on the 2.x code. The diffrence is in the menu system.

GIMPshop is a modified verison of GIMP. The menus have been changed to mirror photoshop's menus and naming conventions where needed. The origonal creator of GIMPshop said he did it to help GIMP users who were used to Photoshop adjust to the new program. I know it's helped me emensley.

Give it a shot...it's not a bad program. Stop comparing it to Photoshop (becuase it's not) and try it for it's own editing prowess. It's a nice program and a great alternitive for those that don't have photoshop and don't want to steal it.

Newbie B1ad3_k1n6 may be famous one day B1ad3_k1n6 may be famous one day B1ad3_k1n6's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    GIMP and GIMPshop are the same program under the hood. They use the same source code and both are based on the 2.x code. The diffrence is in the menu system.

GIMPshop is a modified verison of GIMP. The menus have been changed to mirror photoshop's menus and naming conventions where needed. The origonal creator of GIMPshop said he did it to help GIMP users who were used to Photoshop adjust to the new program. I know it's helped me emensley.

Give it a shot...it's not a bad program. Stop comparing it to Photoshop (becuase it's not) and try it for it's own editing prowess. It's a nice program and a great alternitive for those that don't have photoshop and don't want to steal it.
    yah ok, so i don't know wht's wrong, guess it just doesn't like me, is there any place where i can see screenshots of gimpshop?
    The maximum size for an image in your signature is 450x110 pixels, please resize your image.

i keep on thinking it's not good bye, i keep on thinking it's our time to fly
    FRIENDS FOREVER!!

Thanks

I can give you screen shots of GIMP (which looks the same for the most part). IF you want to see the diffrences between GIMP and GIMPshop you'll need to go to www.gimpshop.net and look at their comparative shots of the menus. Other then the menus GIMP and GIMPshop look exactly the same.

http://www.gimp.org/screenshots/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast