Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: alzheimer's disease. could there be a cure for it?

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

alzheimer's disease. could there be a cure for it?

this topic is not the greatest from me simply cuz my grandma has alzheimer's and it's getting worse in her case. but anyways, do u think there will be a cure for it in the near future? i know that my grandmother isn't the only one with alzheimer's but it's not a great feeling to have.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well i definately hope so, from all the hearsay that i've come across within the past few months..things are sounding good as far as research on alzheimer's. Hope things brighten up

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well no one can say for sure, but yeah~ lots of people are looking forward to a cure. All we can do now and wait, that's the sad thing about medicine. Looking for a cure isn't easy.

Mods: sorry if this is a form of advertising, you may remove it if you wish, sorry ahead of time.

If you want to help out in some way ^^ Check out the links in my sig, they lead to two seperate distributed computing sites which help researchers "fold proteins" so they can understand them better and help the research for Alzheimers, MadCow Disease, etc. I have no idea if it will really help, but its better than doing nothing and it's not really costing you anything.

All you need is a computer to help crunch numbers. It would be ideal for those people that leave their computers on at night and rarely turn them off. It only uses the CPU that you don't use (ie: when your computer sits idle), so you can still watch your anime, browse internet, do hwk, etc. It won't slow you down a single bit.

Check out the sites, can ask me if you have questions too ^^
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    its such a debilitating illness.. i cant imagine what it must be like to live knowing that you're forgetting all the experiences in your life.. that this thing is going to gradually consume your mind and the memories of your past along with it

The end is important in all things.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm watching my grand-father-in-law fall into alzheimers. It is so frustrating for him, especially since he is a perfectionest. We are just hoping .... well it's hard to say what were hoping but none of us believe he has long left.

Will there be a cure soon, no way to tell. They have been saying that they are close to a cure for over ten years now. Also Alzheimers usually occures at a time when everything else is going wrong physically/mentally. A general breakdown of health. Not always, just usually. If it's not one thing it's another. My grandmother had problems with her memories before she died and I can honestly say there are worse ways to go.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie nospheratus may be famous one day nospheratus may be famous one day nospheratus's Avatar
    Thanks
    my Grand-mother have alzheimer. Now, she only sit and do nothing. Physicaly she their, but his mind is not with us.

One day, maybe, a cure will appear, but she will not be here to see it.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

Unhappy

In a far futur they will surelly find a cure, cause we will all have HD in our brain so we will just have to back-up the data...

No really, I hope we will find a cure. What is moor sed than to forget or to be forgot.....
    Coming soon.........

Newbie Hatchet Harry may be famous one day Hatchet Harry may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish
    this topic is not the greatest from me simply cuz my grandma has alzheimer's and it's getting worse in her case. but anyways, do u think there will be a cure for it in the near future? i know that my grandmother isn't the only one with alzheimer's but it's not a great feeling to have.
    My condolences. My grandmother had alzheimers, so I understand the
    sadness and often frustration watching a loved one go through that.
    How long has she had it? Have her doctors tried anything like Aricept
    or anything? My grandmother was put on it and it did seem to slow
    it down a little bit.

As for whether there will ever be a cure, I'm sure that there will be one
    day. But they have to find out the cause first. If you feel so inclined,
    you might try calling one of the research organizations, like the
    Alzheimer's Association, Alzheimer's Foundation or Alzheimer's Prevention
    Foundation and seeing if you could volunteer for testing. You have a
    family member that has it, so you might be genetically disposed to it.
    And I mean tests, not experiments. Things like MRIs and such.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast