Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AMD Sempron processor, any good?

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

AMD Sempron processor, any good?

My mom just recently bought a laptop and it has a Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 2800+ . Anyways she wanted me to find out if the processor is any good and since I have never actually heard of this processor I didn't know so I decided to ask around here, so hopefully someone can tell me if it's a good processor or not.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AMD Sempron processor, any good?

My laptop have a sempron processor (the same speed may I add), it is a nice one, the speed is really good and the battery life is good also...

Edit: Here is the AMD Mobile sempron page...
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._11600,00.html

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

well, my processor (Intel Celeron M) speed is 1.5 GHz
    the Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 2800+ has a speed of 1.6 GHz
    don't really know that much about computers
    but the numbers don't lie
    your notebook computer sounds pretty good
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks

the sempron is amd's budget line of cpu's and they get the job done. for casual usage, the speed is more than enough, but when it comes to heavy tasking applications, it's not as great.

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

AMD Sempron is a pretty good processor.....I don't have it for a laptop, but I do have one for a desktop....and let me tell you it runs pretty great.

The only difference between Intel and AMD's laptop processor is like what maverickvns said, Sempron can't really handle multi-tasking like Intel processor....but the AMD saves more battery to your laptop because it doesn't drain as much as an Intel would.

All in all....AMD is good if money is an issue and if you are not really going to do too much on it.....Intel is expensive but it can do multiple tasks.

Hope that helps!
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Newbie XtAzY may be famous one day XtAzY may be famous one day
    Thanks

Based on site reviews... it seems sempron is a decent cpu for laptop... but i prefer Intel Pentium M sinces it has receive a high rating among many site reviews in its performance and battery life. How ever i think theres a new proc from amd thats competing with Pentium M

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks

the pentium m is on a different level and market than the budget cpu's. both the celeron m and semprons are slimmed down versions of their bigger brother, pentium m and athlon 64's [and athlon xp's for the even lower models]. the pentium m is also significantly more expensive, so it's not exactly comparing apples to apples.

amd recently rolled out a new cpu called the turion targeted to take some market share from the pentium m. here's a good comparitive review.

http://www.laptoplogic.com/resources/articles/42/1/1/

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

So long as your mom isn't playing doom3 at 1900x1600, she's ok. (onboard graphics on most department store laptops need CPU help, and possibly shared ram for this type of usage) Other than that, the only downside to AMD processors is their average power consumption. Pentium M's do a slightly better job there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast