Thread: American Culture?

Newbie Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation American Culture?

[COLOR=Red]It comes apparent to me that as an american i can express my feelings on our culture. The american culture is very diverse but i guess the best words to describe it are lazy selfish and greedy... our founding fathers did not want us to become this way they wanted a fruitefull nation to be the best of the best..... i just have one question do we deserve to live in this nation?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    No one, not even the founding fathers, could foresee every issue we face today, I mean do you truly expect for everyone to get along? I know I don't, but when you live in a country that gives you so many freedoms, naturally not everyone is going to view things the same way you do, and people always take advantage and use their freedoms for their own profit. I'm sure greed was not their vision, but surely they wanted a wealthy country that could survive the sometimes agressive foreign countries?
    Being the best doesn't come cheap, and unfortunatly greed and want is a con of money. But because money makes our world go round, I think our current state was inevitable.

May
    Newbie May may be famous one day May may be famous one day May's Avatar
    Thanks
    We're only human, we cant be prefect, not even our founding fathers were. If greed, selfishness and such emotions were taken out of a human, damn, this world wouldnt be right. That is not what god intended to create us humans...we are meant to have those kind of emotions. Plus, I think w/out it would make our world to dull.
    Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be.
    It takes twenty years of hard work to become an overnight success.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I must admit that I don't like how your gouvernment runs things.....and to that end, I'm not very found of Americans...but I speak to so many nice Americans on forums and online that I learned not to generalize, you're not all like that....greedy, selfish and all. You can't be blamed for evreything that happens in America and outside of it....You have the right to live that much is certain. I say, if you are ashamed of you nation like some of you (but not all and I respect that) are, than try to do something to change it, it's the only way you'll be able to feel pride about you being an Amercian.

If I offended anyone with my post, I' sorry, it wasn't my idea at all and if you want to rant on me for doing so, I'm Canadian...for some reason, not many Americans like us...??

Newbie Neo-Sapiens may be famous one day Neo-Sapiens may be famous one day Neo-Sapiens's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well i don't think that Americans have culture that can be exactly defined. It's more mixture of different kinds of cultures, many different nations, religions......
    Ofcourse this is from sociology piont of view.
    All of my heaven is filled with scars,
    so hate is my sword to walk to the stars...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that the forefathers' plans work too well...America had become very well prospered, that every younger generation cannot go through some of the struggles that their previous generation could... how many of us in this generation can really go through walking miles to school or be able to stand starvation (and I don't mean waiting 55 mins in fourth period till lunch).

as for lazy and greedy, that occurs to every 1st world nation that is not overcrowded...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron may be famous one day Alicia_Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks
    I guess i do agree with all of you in small ways its just i havent been alive for more than 15 years and im already starting to see how much this contry (america) is degrading. Its just rather shocking
    "VASH"

"Only those who are loved can ever be free"

ALK 2005

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    And why is this considered a debate?????? If you want to rant about how lazy and undeserved the people is use your journal not the forums....

Closed...