View Poll Results: (1st): Is Mud-Slinging going on between the USA and Canada? (2nd): If so, should it?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is going on. (you can vote twice)

15 88.24%
  • No, it is not going on. (you can vote twice)

1 5.88%
  • Yes, it should stop. (you can vote twice)

7 41.18%
  • No, it should not stop. (you can vote twice)

5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: America's and Canada's Opinions of Each Other

Newbie inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation America's and Canada's Opinions of Each Other

This is one of the most thought-prevoking things on my mind. America (USA) considers itself to be the best country in the world. In some ways they are right- the USA is known globally, has one of the highest GDP's in the world, one of the strongest economies of the developed world, and make Starbucks and McDonalds HQ home. Canada, on the other hand, has less world aknowledgement (believe me...I've travel to Europe), has a slight weaker economy and small GDP, and is home to Tim Hortons. But the one problem I have is country bashing. It's similar to political mud slinging, but without the mud. (joke). FOX NEWS consintly complains about Canada- most recently on Jan. 6th Hannity and Colmmes, where Mr. Hannity had a problem with some Team Canada fans booing during the games of USA v. Canada and USA v. Russia. They also had a problem when, in 2003, during a game against NYI, the Montreal Canadiens fans booed. He also meationed that the only reason terrorists (as they call them) haven't attacked Canada is because the States is protecting us- does he know what he's saying?!?!

But what about Canadians? We bash Bush all the time- untastefully, evenm at times. We say Americans are greedy, that they only think about themselves, and they are stupid people.

Americans aren't saints either- they say we want cheap oil. Waht about America? What about the rest of the Earth? Doesn't everyone want cheap gas? Americans call us their rertarded cousins- but name ten Americans that know every province and territory in Canada (there's 13- unlike 50 in the US). But see my point? this is what's happening- we are fighting a war with out weapons- just words- hurtful words- words that kill fellings, not people.

Shouldn't this stop before Mr. Bush says Canadians are terrorists? Shouldn't this stop before we go into a situation were we are using "weapons of mass destrution" on each other? What are the opinions of other AO members out there? Shouldn't this stop before it's too late?

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: America's and Canada's Opinions of Each Other

what i really wanted to post was yes its going on and no it shouldn't stop but its not on thier.

Code Name Wind

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the whole booing thing started when in New York they booed the Canadian Anthem. In response, the Canadians booed the Americans at the Montreal game you mentioned. Of course, booing had been going on before that, but the situation that you bring up was started by the Americans.

There is mudslinging going on, but it's not anything new.

As for terrorists not attacking Canada, Hannity is an idiot. First off, America can't even protect itself from terrorism, which is why September 11th was able to happen in the first place. The ONLY reason another terrorist attack hasn't happened is because pretty much all terrorist resources were used up for that first one. The fact that they managed to get it to work was an absolute fluke, and it's doubtful that we're going to see one on such a scale for quite awhile.

But because it's been pushed on the American public that they're gonna be killed by terrorists at any moment, so watchout, that there is this feeling that all the new regulations are somehow stopping terrorism.

But back to the mudslinging. Yes, it's happening, but I don't think it should happen to the extent that it is. Sure, boo if they are being cheap playing hockey, but don't just immediately boo because they are there. Just cheer even MORE for the home team.

Otaku nightsly may be famous one day nightsly may be famous one day nightsly's Avatar
    Thanks

I have feeling this is not going to conclude well.

Newbie inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz
    Well the whole booing thing started when in New York they booed the Canadian Anthem. In response, the Canadians booed the Americans at the Montreal game you mentioned. Of course, booing had been going on before that, but the situation that you bring up was started by the Americans.

There is mudslinging going on, but it's not anything new.

As for terrorists not attacking Canada, Hannity is an idiot. First off, America can't even protect itself from terrorism, which is why September 11th was able to happen in the first place. The ONLY reason another terrorist attack hasn't happened is because pretty much all terrorist resources were used up for that first one. The fact that they managed to get it to work was an absolute fluke, and it's doubtful that we're going to see one on such a scale for quite awhile.

But because it's been pushed on the American public that they're gonna be killed by terrorists at any moment, so watchout, that there is this feeling that all the new regulations are somehow stopping terrorism.

But back to the mudslinging. Yes, it's happening, but I don't think it should happen to the extent that it is. Sure, boo if they are being cheap playing hockey, but don't just immediately boo because they are there. Just cheer even MORE for the home team.
    true- but think of it this way- it's almost a one sided issue in the USA because of the media.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet they hate us, but they don't wanna show it.
    Or they might like us.

Newbie RazorKisses may be famous one day RazorKisses may be famous one day RazorKisses's Avatar
    Thanks

I am canadian and i forget what this was said in ... some magazine tho ... America just happened to call Canada its retarted cousin ... (( I know not all of america said this )) This made me very angry . My opinion on america is that i don't ever want to go there really ... not because of the people ... but the reputation is not that good and polution is a big problem there .. i've heard that is ..

-::- Exactly -::-

Otaku nightsly may be famous one day nightsly may be famous one day nightsly's Avatar
    Thanks

dont blame all of us.
    Not al think the same.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast