View Poll Results: (1st): Is Mud-Slinging going on between the USA and Canada? (2nd): If so, should it?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is going on. (you can vote twice)

15 88.24%
  • No, it is not going on. (you can vote twice)

1 5.88%
  • Yes, it should stop. (you can vote twice)

7 41.18%
  • No, it should not stop. (you can vote twice)

5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: America's and Canada's Opinions of Each Other

Newbie inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: America's and Canada's Opinions of Each Other

okk so this question is for any american.....how does medicare work in the states? cuz on CNN or FOX News or NBC they always talk about how expensive drugs are and how medicare covers this and medicare doesnt cover that....so tell me....how does all this work and how expensive are drugs?

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

the US is just abusing its power. Like the soft wood lumber problem, Canada took it right to Nato...or was it Nafta, hell i don't remember and whatever the hell it was, Nato or Nafta rejected Canada's proposition, funny enough that US practically owns the damn organization.

Newbie The Advent Child may be famous one day The Advent Child may be famous one day The Advent Child's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to move to canada from the USA cause the US has a bafoon leading the country into the ground. Canada just minds there own buissness and just let the other countrys duke it out while they chill and drink beer. lol thats my kinda style =). My mom was born in canada and i hate when people make fun of canadians cause theres really no point. The canadian havent done anything wrong, It's just Americans been stupid bastards(not refering to allll americans but 70% are a$$holes lol)

Newbie Otohiko may be famous one day Otohiko may be famous one day Otohiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha99
    Shouldn't this stop before Mr. Bush says Canadians are terrorists? Shouldn't this stop before we go into a situation were we are using "weapons of mass destrution" on each other? What are the opinions of other AO members out there? Shouldn't this stop before it's too late?
    I don't think it will ever escalate to this degree of seriousness. We both rely on each other. And really, do you think the UN would sit idly by and watch the US declare Canada as an enemy?

Newbie inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99's Avatar
    Thanks

thats true...but what about IRAQ? they said no, but bush went ahead

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha99
    This is one of the most thought-prevoking things on my mind. America (USA) considers itself to be the best country in the world. In some ways they are right- the USA is known globally, has one of the highest GDP's in the world, one of the strongest economies of the developed world, and make Starbucks and McDonalds HQ home. Canada, on the other hand, has less world aknowledgement (believe me...I've travel to Europe), has a slight weaker economy and small GDP, and is home to Tim Hortons. But the one problem I have is country bashing. It's similar to political mud slinging, but without the mud. (joke). FOX NEWS consintly complains about Canada- most recently on Jan. 6th Hannity and Colmmes, where Mr. Hannity had a problem with some Team Canada fans booing during the games of USA v. Canada and USA v. Russia. They also had a problem when, in 2003, during a game against NYI, the Montreal Canadiens fans booed. He also meationed that the only reason terrorists (as they call them) haven't attacked Canada is because the States is protecting us- does he know what he's saying?!?!

But what about Canadians? We bash Bush all the time- untastefully, evenm at times. We say Americans are greedy, that they only think about themselves, and they are stupid people.

Americans aren't saints either- they say we want cheap oil. Waht about America? What about the rest of the Earth? Doesn't everyone want cheap gas? Americans call us their rertarded cousins- but name ten Americans that know every province and territory in Canada (there's 13- unlike 50 in the US). But see my point? this is what's happening- we are fighting a war with out weapons- just words- hurtful words- words that kill fellings, not people.

Shouldn't this stop before Mr. Bush says Canadians are terrorists? Shouldn't this stop before we go into a situation were we are using "weapons of mass destrution" on each other? What are the opinions of other AO members out there? Shouldn't this stop before it's too late?
    OK. I'D LIKE TO CLOSE THIS. CAN ONE OF THE AO STAFF CLOSE THIS THREAD? THANKS.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe it will lead to a WW.....nah

Thanks

okk....nm.........but here's the porblem now....canada doesnt want to be the next america, but it doesnt like all the US bashing...this is called "the democratic process". dont know what i mean? watch liberal party and conservative party ads and statements. then u'll see that in some ways the democratic process is broken but still fixable.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast