Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Animal Cruelty

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Animal Cruelty

yeh i've seen some pretty sad things where this topic is concerned the horrible thing about it is i dont ever remember hearing about any authorities to which things like this can be reported in jamaica. less than 3 weeks ago we had a hurricane "Dennis" and i saw some one put their dog outside still had its chain on and they just put him out in the rain. from what i heard they do that everytime there is a huricane. probably hoping that it dies or something to that effect. horrible people i say. it should have been them out there.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

You say the dog died from neglect meaning most likely he starved to death. There is a big difference between starving to death and torture. Torture is things like skinning animals alive (if you want to see footage of it, pm me and I can show you a link of it). Starvation is just a crappy way to die, but it isn't torture.
    *shakes head* That's REALLY a matter of opinion. But the same thing happens regardless: an animal dies in pain. Maybe not the same degree of pain. But it's still a human harming a creature that's dependant on them.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Newbie lilith may be famous one day lilith may be famous one day lilith's Avatar
    Thanks

This always has, and always will be a very delicate subject, however, you guys are saying that over in america he got fined $5000, here in england, people who do things like that generally only get fined about £500! there was one instance I can remember, this guy kept 5 horses, and didnt clean them out for over a year!, when the RSPCA got to them, they were chest height in their own manure. 3 of the horses had already died and another died shortly after rescue. The fact is, this stuff happens, and it happens a lot! This is not to say it's ok, but just to say, worse things happen than some guy not feeing his dog and it dying of starvation.
    mmmmm....nice young men...

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuujin
    1) What makes a dogs life worth equal to a human and more than other animals. Should people be put on death row for foretting to feed some fish? How about cows, mass genocide going on there! We are even eating them!!!! Should we leave plants out of this? They are living objects as well! How about insects? Bug Zappers are killing insects by the millions. Should every person who stepped on a bug, swatted a fly, be charged with murder. Bee's too have a level of intelligence, they have hives. Ants as well, they have thier conolies. All animals have a level of intelligence of some level, but there is a reason humans are at the top of the list of creatures on this planet.
    Fuuji brings up some interesting points that are true. It's all good to run around getting angry at a man who starved his dog, but if you stand back and think about it, you're almost as guilty or worse if you eat beef/kill bugs and what not. Because then what has to happen before you care about what happens to all living creatures other than just that specific animal? Is it because dogs are cute? Do you feel sorry for it because of it's looks? Or maybe it's because you have a dog or know a dog and it angers you. Would you feel as bad if it was a giant sewer rat being stomped on? Probably not. Something like that wouldn't even make the news.

But I would like to comment on the humans being at the top of the list of creatures on this planet. That is a common misconception brought forth by the giant human ego. As much as we like to try and forget, we too are animals. We're just a seemingly more intelligent animal with opposing thumbs, and we can communicate with language. My linguistics professor told the class that human beings are the only animals that can communicate with a language. But for the record I don't entirely believe that. If you look at us physically we're pretty weak, we don't have sharp teeth nor large claws. If we didn't have those advantages, we'd be about as lethal as a monkey. If you stripped us of our unfair advantages (Weapons, building for shelter, cars) and threw us in with a lion or a bear, who do you think would win? We maybe top at the survival due to intelligence list, but as for the food-chain, we really don't rate all that high.

I would also like to bring up some questions. What is it about other animals that makes it ok to treat worse off than a human? Is it because they are fuzzy, can't talk and are just plain not human? Or is it because they are of less intelligence and therefore worth less? All our laws are reserved for humans, but why is that? What is it about humans that make them special? Do we just like to segregate or is it something else?
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

All I can say is people that choose to have animals and then treat them cruelly are idiots and a$$holes. I've seen them too and sometimes I just feel like doing the same thing to them and seeing how they like it. Its just awful how people do that, its the same as parents beating their children who are basically defenseless against them.

My dad use to live in a trailer park and about a month before he moved he adopted one of the local cats that always hang around our house. The cat was always scared of people and was really skittish. Since then my dad and step-mom have treated them really well and given them a good home to live in in an apartment complex. He's mostly an indoor cat now and just sleeps pretty much all day, but he's still scared of people, always cautious and I know his previous owner is probably what did that to him based on how he reacts to things. Its something that stays with pets for life.

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

Well in my opinion, this man got what he deserve......maybe more, I dunno, it is up to the judge to decide that.

I think the reason more people are angry when a person kills a dog is because, these are domesticated pets......I know that a dog and a bee are both animals.....but do you know someone who has a pet bee? People tend to be angry about these subjects bcoz like Fuji and Meiwaku said, they either have a pet dog or know someone who has a pet dog. I even know someone who treats their dog like it is part of the family.

To me.....animal cruelty is just wrong.......I have been a pet lover since I was little kid....I had a pet frog, fish, cat, dog, mouse(the white ones), lizard, spiders, turtle, chick.......I loved them all. If I can't take care of a pet, I usually give to someone who can, bcoz I don't want to make any of my pet suffer because I neglected them.
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Maybe sometimes letting an animal to it's own devices is a good thing. Think about cows. You give em a nice place to graze, maybe even give em a nice name like Bessie, treat them like family. Then maybe one day the neighbors wanna come over for hamburgers. Then poor old Bessie gets a shot in the brain. Then she is gutted, de-hooved, and skinned, put into the grinder, and made into a few hamburger patties. Now lets say a dog, lets call him Fluffy, gets mistreated by his owner and runs away from his old home. Fluffy learns how to catch himself a rabbit and rummage through the garbage for food, maybe even finds a nice warm hole to live in. Good old Fluffy becomes a regular old mangy mutt, but at least he can fend for himself, and learns that he doesn't have to rely on humans for food and shelter. Now which do you think has a better outcome, good old Fluffy or old Bessie?

Newbie tepid_head may be famous one day tepid_head may be famous one day tepid_head's Avatar
    Thanks

in my opinion, it would have to be fluffy
    at least he isnt being digested, although he's probably
    ill

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast