Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Animal Cruelty

Newbie amjl81 may be famous one day amjl81 may be famous one day amjl81's Avatar
    *Looks around* Someplace on earth that I loathe.
    Thanks

Re: Animal Cruelty

Don't talk to me about animal cruelty. I have stupid neighbors that don't care about their dogs. On one side, he pours beer on his dogs. He even let one of his buddies paint one of his dogs. What I hate the most was that one of his dogs had puppies and then he took the mom away for a week so the puppies couldn't nurse. All but two puppies died. And that same neighbor killed one of our dogs about twenty years ago.
    While my other neighbor...drunken #$%. He doesn't care about his dogs. They come into our yard. He lets them run loose in the street!

Although my dad has shot a couple of cats once. But, BUT, that was only because they were hurting our cat. You see, my cat would go out and wonder the streets and come back. Then after awhile he came home with cuts and bleeding. He has a hole in his ear now from one of the stupid cats. My dad hasn't killed a cat since he was a teenager. And that was only because the cats used his car as a litter box.
    I hate animal cruelty. I love animals so much.

Newbie firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm finding it really hard to sympathise with you people.

First of all, based on the general concensus, humans are weaker than 'other' animals, yet somehow they've managed to get past this disadvantage by creating weapons, tools, and other useful objects. Someone please tell me why other animals haven't done this. Yes, I realise a monkey has used sticks as tools before, yet they've never advanced to the level we are at. Does this mean humans are at the top of the food chain? Yes, it does. Simply because through the use of these tools we can overcome any other creature on the earth.

Second, just to make this clear, I am opposed to animal cruelty, yet not nearly to the degree of some people on this forum. Now, let me ask you a question. Why is it that other animals torture animals? Both my cat and my dog, after having caught a bird or other prey, will sit and play with the creature for hours, until it finally kills the animal. Now, are these pets punished by death, or do we let them go merrily on their way? It's been said that punishment should be equal, if a dog is killed, then the one responsible should be killed. Originally it was humans that made a law to punish those who do wrong, and it's humans that uphold this. Other animals don't hardly care if their kind are killed, tortured or wronged. Even a cow's offspring will be forgotten within a month and when they're joined together again, neither remember each other. Another thing is, based on your philosophy (an eye for an eye) if a pet cat was to scratch me and draw blood, should I do this in return? It would be considered animal cruelty on my part, yet the cat would get of scott-free. How about this scenario, what happens if a dog attacks someone with an intent to kill? The dog is obviously a danger to people, so should it be put down, or does it deserve to live? According to some, snuffing a life is wrong, and everyone should be a vegetarian...Yet why are humans biologically engineered to eat meat? Don't tell me that that was just some freak of nature, obviously not intended to be used.

Overall don't think that I'm the sort to go off and start torturing my pet, because I'm not. Yet I have to wonder about the sanity of people who believe a dog's life is at the same value as a human's. You may cry about a dog starving to death, yet next time you're looking at a diamond, wishing you owned it, I hope you realise the blood shed of innocent children by drug lords wanting these stones.

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangeL_1979
    Well in my opinion, this man got what he deserve......maybe more, I dunno, it is up to the judge to decide that.

I think the reason more people are angry when a person kills a dog is because, these are domesticated pets......I know that a dog and a bee are both animals.....but do you know someone who has a pet bee? People tend to be angry about these subjects bcoz like Fuji and Meiwaku said, they either have a pet dog or know someone who has a pet dog. I even know someone who treats their dog like it is part of the family.

To me.....animal cruelty is just wrong.......I have been a pet lover since I was little kid....I had a pet frog, fish, cat, dog, mouse(the white ones), lizard, spiders, turtle, chick.......I loved them all. If I can't take care of a pet, I usually give to someone who can, bcoz I don't want to make any of my pet suffer because I neglected them.
    As far as I'm concerned I treat my dog as a part of the family(See my gallery for my dog Shadow).Like we let her sit at the family table and get her soda and cakes thats safe for her to eat.(Lot more but getting on topic:)And there's a reason you don't see many people with naturally wild animals like monkeys and cheetas.(you would probaly see them at a zoo or sanctuary)(a)Because its illeagal or (b)Because they look cute when there little but they grow(quite big infact)and they have their wild animal instinct therefor making it dangerous for the animal and the owner..And if I wasn't deadly allergic to bees(anaphilaxis)I would probaly like them alot more than I do now.....
    Last edited by twistergal723; Aug 05, 2005 at 01:53 AM.

I'm ♥mazing!

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

I LOVE animals so I'm with u!!!! I was watching tv the other day and this dude threw his cat from a 3 story building then got him again and started beating up the cat...The cat unfortunately died!!! he was prosecuted but they couldn't really do anything to him cuz he was in jail already....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6