Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal rights?

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Animal rights?

I think this is a huge debatable thing.

Should a human be sent to jail for harming a animal? Even if provoked?

Should a animal be put down for biting/harming a human "if so why?" .

Discuss.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Animal rights?

i dont tink so, coz its its done in self defence. In my coutry animal abusers are fined and sent too jail (goody)

once an animal tasted blood...it'll continue to seek blood...so its better to put it to sleep...

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks

Well companies like KFC are doing horrible thing to chickens everyday and they arent getting sent to jail. They have these huge barns full of shelves of chickens that are tied down and never move from that spot and they get so emotionally distraught that they often peck at eachother so they usually clip off thier beaks. all they do is eat food out of the little conveyor belt thingy in front of them and lay eggs untill they get butcherd for eating time.

and dont even get me started on veal. Just so you know its baby calves.

But yeah people should be sent to jail for abusing an animal. God put animals here so that we could have food and dominance over them. That doesnt give anyone any excuse to abuse them or exploit mass amounts of animals for profit.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

have you ever noticed that people bitch about the food companies and their policies more than those who own sweat shops?

have you ever noticed that vergitarians think they can live forever on plants when they're not strong or have a good immunity system becuz of their lack of protein?

have you ever noticed that we kill for food just like animals do?

have you realized the killing is killing and if that were applied to everything we would have nothing to eat becuz the basis of our energy-makers are other beings?

what i'm trying to say... is to stop putting animals on such a high pedistal... they have death and war and class and discrimination and hate for change and stubborness as humans do... it's just that animals can't talk...

animal abuse is wrong... and it should be stopped... but... it's not like those companies are making the best things ever... do you think KFC really has good chicken? i mean, the quality of food is based on the quality of love put into it, and if there's no love then there's no good food... if you show an animal more love, it'll give you better eggs, stonger bodies and not peck at each other... if you show a cow love, it will give good milk, strong calves and other such cow products...

anyway... chickens always peck at each other... if there's a chick that doesn't have the scent of it's mother, it'll be pecked to death... chickens always peck things to death... have you ever heard a chicken story that was different? if you have... must've been a boring story...

anyway... i digress... animal abuse is wrong, but they'll get there's in the end...

however, animals are not gods... they're friends...

as a comidean once said: "did you know there are 3x more animal shelters then there are houses for abused women? yeah, it's true. so next time you get pissed, hit the dog, kick the cat... just leave the wife alone... WHAT?! COME ON PEOPLE!!! THIS IS A COMEDY SHOW!!!!"

::SK says::

as AD says, animals aren't gods, unless you believe in a religion that does believe that... we could fairly well live off of other animals other than chicken or beef just as any carnivore but our body needs meat AND vegetables to survive... factualy, we can live longer off of meat alone rather than just vegetables alone. i kknow this topic isn't about not being able to eat animals, but quite frankly, when vegetarians want to bring it, i'll stand by my carnivore and omnivore animal friends...

to calm things down, a dog seems to enjoy cooked food more than raw food... i'm sure you vegetarians would think it's better if we didn't have locked up areas where we just raised animals to be killed for food. live just to die, in other words.

but how much more comforting would it be for us to hunt our animals in the wild like other animals do. we wouldn't just have vegetarians and vegans against us, but we'd also have cute animals lovers stopping us from surviving another day. after all, just like other animals, we would kill the one who lags behind. thennnnnnnnnn all of you would complain about how it never had a chance, try explaining that to your child who needs solid food to live now and is dying of starvation just becuz you wouldn't kill a piggy (AD comes back to say: there was a court case in NY a while back... the parents were brought to court becuz they refuse to feed their baby meat... so it got blotted and sick and nearly died until they took it to the hospital... they had only been feeding them nuts and fruits... the judge saud "it's a child, not a monkey.")

::SK returns::

anyways, at least in a controlled environment the "victim animals" get to raise a family and live exactly the same way they lived outside (except with less space, more family members, never a shortage of food or water, and health agencies watching their back) with their family knowing that one or more of them will be taken away to get killed......... instead of stuggling to survive in this day and age, fearing for their lives that all of them will be extinct by a pack of wolves.

and by the way, i don't think we humans taste very good..... have you seen any species of animal that mainly seeks humans for food, other than the unusual and often rare cannibalistic species?

it's never right to abuse humans or animals, but no matter what, we'll be hurt by one or the other...
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Feb 02, 2006 at 01:51 AM.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

i'll have to agree with Abu Dhabi there. although animal cruelty is harsh and should not be allowed, we have to keep in mind that we're killing off millions of animals every year just to feed ourselves.

some might say "but it's not us who're killing animals off. it's the food stores, or the companies." no...entirely incorrect. ask yourselves this - why do the food companies, food stores, etc. such as kfc, kill off animals all the time? it's to feed the public. so in the long run, it's us humans who're killing animals off. we're all involved in this. you, me, everyone.

i watched an extremely disturbing video not very long ago on anime cruelty. it was so disturbing that it turned me off my food for 2 days straight...my parents literally thought i was going to become anorexic. eventually i got over it and began to eat...but even now, i can remember the details of the video very clearly.

what i eventually came up with was this - i could've become a vegetarian and not eat any meat at all for the rest of my life. but what difference is it going to make? i'm only one person, and one less person eating meat is not a big difference at all. everyone else will keep eating meat, even with the knowledge that the meat had come from an animal - a living being. so i thought to myself...it won't make any difference at all. i'll only become weaker if i don't eat meat, so get over it.

yes, a human should be sent to jail harming an animal. but there are certain exceptions, such as kfc, etc. however, an animal should not be put down for harming a human. the reason to this is because animals aren't as intelligent as humans are. animals do not dominate the world - humans do.

humans can tell what is right and wrong, but animals cannot. a good example would be - a human has a medical condition where he/she is no longer in control of their own body. in other words, they're 'crazy'. if they harm another person, they will not be put in jail. why? because they have a medical condition. they did not do this of their own free will.

this is exactly the same with animals. although there may be nothing wrong with the animal's medical condition, they cannot tell from right and wrong, which is why animals shouldn't be put down for harming humans.

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

like said animals do not really know how to take care for themselves so they get things like...

bird flu
    sars
    mad cow
    rabise
    Chlamydia
    Ebola virus
    distemper....etc

.... so these animals had to be culled humanely otherwise humans may get these transmitted diseases.

I seen videos of animals being clubbered for furs, clubbered and limps chopped off for exotic food, horns torn off for display/medicine...man...tats disgusting...makes me wanna puke and kill those bastards who did it for $$$

KFC...I still like them...but i doubt they did it the way from one of the post...

I love animals...my mom saw our dog died of old age infront of her...it was really sad. Till now I don't want to own one, only fishes, turtles and a crayfish tats all...

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

if human have the right to protect thereselves animals should also.. even though they are only animals they have the rights to live free and have a peaceful life...
    human should be jail if they are just abusing animals.. coz animals hava life also
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

Thanks

its a pity the criters cant say 'yes' or 'no' or 'abstain'

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast