Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anime armies

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Unhappy anime armies

From endless searches on the web, to countless hours pounding the tiles. I have all too often seen a lack of anime in the uk compared to the two biggest markets, America and Japan. Please stop me if I am wrong, but the uk has one hell of an underground (and overground) following of anime. Yet we, like with computer games, tend to be the last to get any to anime. Take inuyasha. A seemingly successful anime in the states and japan, but not so much so in the uk. The only way people in the uk can view such anime is by importing it (which is expensive and risky) or possible by subscribing to satellite tv (I may be wrong here so please inform me if inuyasha is available in the uk on sky/sky digital). Now I don't know about you but I feel those in the uk are getting a bit of a rough deal. If you agree then tell me now, if not then the same applies. Remember ALL are invited to this FRIENDLY discussion.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: anime armies

I share your frustraition, but as far as European markets go, the UK is doing very well.

Yes we tend to get everything last, and we have to buy a series in order to watch it... but for now i'm okay with that. At least this way, I'm very careful about making sure I actually like a series or film before I buy it, which has led me to collect a very healthy shelf full of anime that I simply adore.

But hey, on the bright side the UK market is rapidly growing. 20 years ago anime was realtivly unheard of here, and now we have our own anime conventions and japan culture magazines. Also, publishers and copyright owners are really starting to realise the worthwhile size of the market in the UK. We even have our own UK based manga publishers now (sweatdrop is the leader atm I think).

Sure we don't have it as good as the US, but things are getting much brighter. Simply put, the UK loves anime, which is relefected by the ever growing dvd and video sales reported by HMV. I have no doubt we will get our own anime channel one day... though it might not be for a while yet.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Newbie recipient_unown may be famous one day recipient_unown may be famous one day recipient_unown's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think its as bad as you say. I live in New Zealand, and we have quite a vast range of anime, and there isn't a lot that other countries get that we don't. I do agree with you about Japan though, but that is where it all comes from anyway, and it has to be subbed and/or dubbed before it retails in the US/European markets.

Thanks

Brilliant point recipient (if somewhat disasterous for this thread). In my rage I forgot about Austrailia and New Zealand. Since Austrailia (please tell us if New Zealand is the same) runs the same sort of power grid as the uk, thier appliances (at least 9/10) are compatable with our grid. This tends to mean computer games don't need conversion when brought from austrailia to the uk. Whether this applies to dvds or not I don't know But I can't see a reason why not. The import costs tend not to be that high for goods from austrailia which is good. As a favour recipiant please give us a small list (15-20) of anime available in new zealand (the same goes for any austrailians looking in)!

Thanks!

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yeah its really frustrating to me to that we dont have any of the "GREAT" animes on tv to watch, we have all the toned down pokemon cr*p, the only way I've managed to watch any of these legendary animes is buying them from ebay!

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks

I really feel sorry for people that live in countries who do not get/watch anime easily. I, too, have a lack of Anime in Western Australia. It is really due to the exposure the country gets, and perhaps really just need some company to promote it. One good way of getting your fix of anime is to download unlicensed anime, or buy them online. Ebay is really a good place to get anime.

Thanks

Just been thinking. Sci fi channel used to do anime. Why did they stop. Also Play dot com is another good site for anime. Finally where on ebay do you get your anime?

Otaku Sparkydizzy may be famous one day Sparkydizzy may be famous one day Sparkydizzy's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't know why they stopped the last anime I say was Heat Guy J that was good when I say it but they just showed the same two episodes over and over again gosh then it got boring.
    Hey if you don't understand what i am saying it just because I'm black.

OUR MOTTO
    to destroy all mankind for the benifits of pandas and Squirells alike.

I will make your brain hurt with not using commas and periods and putting Caps where there shouldn't be hahaha. The sparky strikes again haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast