Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Classic's

Newbie Nurse_Komugi may be famous one day Nurse_Komugi may be famous one day Nurse_Komugi's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Classic's

Alright what I want to hear from people is what you think should be considered Anime Classics. I want to know which animes should be considered haveing made an impact on anime culture. For example Akira and Ghost in the Shell, and possibly Sailor Moon...
    Plz post what you think has made an impact and should be considered a classic

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Re: Anime Classic's

Robotech, because it was the only anime I grew up around, and the first i ever saw, in my mind it is a classic, and will always be the best ^.^
    Last edited by Dreadhawk; Jul 10, 2005 at 02:09 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

As far as 'Historic' Anime series go, the most significant are as follows...

Astro Boy: First Anime with a story told over multiple episodes...

Kimba the White Lion: (remakes are under the original Manga name 'Jungle Emperor Leo') The first color anime...

Space Battleship Yamato: The series that by itself, started the 'Golden Age' of Anime. Also started the Leiji Matsumoto Universe that spun off Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999...

Mobile Suit Gundam: Start of the Gundam franchise, the first series to distinguish 'Mecha' from 'Giant Robot'

Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water: At the end of the 'Golden Age', this series triggered the Anime Rebirth of the 90s. The sucess of this series made possible the production of Neon Genisis Evangelion...

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Oki OVA: The premier anime series for the new 'digital' Laser Disk format, First 'harem' anime series. Triggered the OVA boom of the 90s

Sailor Moon: Early 90s series that triggered the rebirth of the 'Magical Girl' genre
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie recipient_unown may be famous one day recipient_unown may be famous one day recipient_unown's Avatar
    Thanks

What about Dragonball and Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Cutey Honey
    Appleseed

Newbie kiara may be famous one day kiara may be famous one day kiara's Avatar
    NY USA hanging out with the teen titans lol
    Thanks

i think these made an impact

evangelion
    dragon ball trilogy
    astro boy
    robotech
    macross
    sailormoon

those are what i can think of at the time being lol

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by recipient_unown
    What about Dragonball and Neon Genesis Evangelion?
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_akuma
    Cutey Honey
    Appleseed
    Quote Originally Posted by kiara
    i think these made an impact

evangelion
    dragon ball trilogy
    astro boy
    robotech
    macross
    sailormoon

those are what i can think of at the time being lol
    Okay people, a first grader can come up with a list of names. If you think that these are significant Anime series, your going to have to explain why they deserve to be among the ranks of significant Anime series. If this thread degenerates into a simple posting of Lists, it will be declared a SPAM thread and closed...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie silversurfie may be famous one day silversurfie may be famous one day silversurfie's Avatar
    Thanks

I would rate Dragonball / Dragonball Z as an anime series that made a huge impact. Without it anime wouldnt be as popular in the US as it is today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast