Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime. Do You Ever Think It Will Die Out?

Newbie sketch may be famous one day sketch may be famous one day sketch's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Anime. Do You Ever Think It Will Die Out?

Simply put do you think that anime is going to die out, cause recently the outbreak of this great style of art has broken out into our new era and set a new art style out for all artists?
    So is it just another FAD that will last a year or will it continue to thrive on.
    What are your views?

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Naaa... Anime never dies for me, At least not till my death, but you have a point with the new art, it can get more fans, but like you said i think it will just be a trend for 1 till 2 years.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    No, i doubt that it will ever die out, although i have to admit that i enjoyed anime alot more in the mid 90's when it was more of a cult-follwing type thing. As now it's everywhere....but that is a good thing though, it's opening much more people up to the art and Japanese culture. So, Anime being as popular as it is now i seriously doubt that it'll be fading anytime soon.

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    OOOooo...that's a hard one. I don't think anime will die out. As long as there are people that watch it, there are gonna be people that still like it.

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Remember, the standard definition for Anime is 'Animation produced and targeted for a Japanese Audience', so as long as Japan exisits, Anime will exists. (I do see the possibility of it always remaining a niche market because of the cultural differences....)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Definately not. Anime is something that goes according to your taste, and there are so many varieties of anime out there. You couldn't possibly get bored, right? *wink. Plus, Anime is so addictive and fun to watch! It's definately not a passing fad for me. This is the first time I've been so obsessed with something (except Ayumi!) :]

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think anime is really just a trend. It actually seems like its sorta dying out now, at least to me. I dunno. I'm rapidly losing interest in anime for whatever reason, just can't get into it lately. Sure it'll always be around, but I think its popularity will dwindle as the years go by and another art form will take its place.

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    I think anime is really just a trend. It actually seems like its sorta dying out now, at least to me. I dunno. I'm rapidly losing interest in anime for whatever reason, just can't get into it lately. Sure it'll always be around, but I think its popularity will dwindle as the years go by and another art form will take its place.
    Hmmm.. Yeah, I guess I know what you're talking about, but don't you think the next generation would take interest in it too? Maybe even more than us?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast