Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: anime, english version or japanese version?

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry anime, english version or japanese version?

when it comes to anime... I'd always prefer the japanese version....in my opinion, the
    original anime is always better. i've seen some anime that are revised to english and they cut out the some of the good scenes since it's not appropriate for kids..... sometimes
    newer isn't always better. for example, when samurai x (japanese version) was revised into rurouni kenshin (english versison) so there would be a lot less blood during the violence. does no blood during violence make sense? in my world, it doesn't. don't u just hate that?

Lia
    Newbie Lia may be famous one day Lia may be famous one day Lia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: anime, english version or japanese version?

i have the same opinion as u.. i think the japanese version is more cool cause it`s soo natural & original better than the english one.. & yeah i hate it when they cut some scenes.. it`s just getting of my nerves!!

Newbie InuFilipinaFan may be famous one day InuFilipinaFan may be famous one day InuFilipinaFan's Avatar
    Thanks

The Japanese version may have more detail,but the english version is more understandable.

Newbie Kawaii Gurl may be famous one day Kawaii Gurl may be famous one day Kawaii Gurl's Avatar
    Thanks

Me too I like the Jap. it's so much better the English version sux they change there name wrong and almost do everything wrong their translation is all WRONG!

Newbie HiME may be famous one day HiME may be famous one day HiME's Avatar
    Thanks

The Japanese version is much more preferable by people. Although the English version is easier to understand, and less of a hassle to have to read the subtitles, sometimes the English translation isn't as accurate.
    m a y d r e a m s c o m e s o f t l y

Newbie Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows's Avatar
    Thanks

Translations aren't always accurate, simply because of the difference of language and the context of it being used. Something that makes sense in Japanese probably doesn't make as much sense when translated directly to English.

But for personal preference, I'd much rather anything in its original form. With subtitles, of course, if I am not fluent in the language of said material. So when it comes to anime, I prefer it to be in Japanese, with subtitles or not, it doesn't matter.

Dai
    Otaku Dai may be famous one day Dai may be famous one day Dai's Avatar
    Thanks

Both are good
    but sometimes the versions are Japanese is better

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually watch anime in japanese with english subtitles, but most of today's english dub anime is of good quality(excluding all of that anime that's on public TV), and if posible i prefer the spanish dub, wich in most cases is better than the english dub , a good example is the Fighting Spirit DVD's(among others).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast