Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Anime Experiment.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

The Anime Experiment.

Every once in a while, more sooner than later, there comes a thread entitled "Dub vs Sub". These kind of threads mostly (usually 93-100%) produce answers that are one sided. And that side is Always for Subs.

For every anime i always had a feeling that to determine what type of anime you like, you had to see that type first. In other words, If you see a liscensed anime, that you have never seen before, and you see it subbed or dubbed, then thats what you would perfer for that particular anime.

There are some Anime series that mostly everyone perfers the Dubbed version better. Now really, why is this? Take Cowboy bebop for example. Why do most anime fans perfer the dubbed? I think it's because the first time they've ever seen it, was on cartoon network, dubbed.

So the experiment is this, for all who are willing to try.

If there is ever an anime that you have never seen before and it is available Subbed and dubbed. See it dubbed. And watch it through the whole series. Then see the subbed version. If my calculations (haha yeah right) are correct, you should feel more comfortable with the Dubbed anime.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    I actually never experimented, but because my friend didn't have the cardcaptor sakura on dub compare to ala WB

Sakura's voice was a bit harder to bear, and it was weird find out that Kero's a dude w/ girl voice

-------------
    As for One Piece (right now on Fox), I am equally pleased with both Dub and Sub voice acting
    Last edited by Legend; Jan 29, 2005 at 05:31 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm not sure I can help here. I prefer to watch both at the same time whenever possible. I love comparing the difference between the text and what they're saying. Usually it's pretty much the same meaning but once in a while. lol.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    That's something I did with Kare Kano when I first watched it. Although I tend to prefer subs, I did enjoy the dubbing for that series. It was very well done. I guess this can be chalked up as a successful experiment.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I did this with Evangelion. I watched the dubbed version first, over 6 years ago now. It was virtually the first anime I watched, and I re-watched the dub version over and over. Now I always heard from people how much the dub of Eva sucks, yet I still like it and will still watch it dubbed whenever it's on.
    I didn't actually get the chance to see it subbed until only a year ago, when I bought End of Eva on DVD, and I can't say which I prefer anymore, but I enjoy both pretty much equally.

I think the mentality of most anime fans is that all dubs sucks still, so they won't ever give the dub even a chance.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie Naruto may be famous one day Naruto may be famous one day Naruto's Avatar
    Thanks
    It depends for me too i like azumangadaioh subbed but i like Initial-d dubbed
    HEY ALL OF YOU IF YOU WANT A GMAIL ACCOUNT PM ME!!!!

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    hmm... any anime that ive watched, was in dubbed first. I always watch the sub later. I've always found the sub to be more intriguing.

For example: I watched "Samurai Champloo" first in dubbed, then subbed. I do like the sub better.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Feh, I watched Tekkaman Blade dubbed before I saw it subbed and the subs are lightyears ahead of the dubs.
    The dubs need to be of reasonable quality to make this experiment work.
    And it wouldn't work on me anyway, I'm not the kind of person who easily gets attached to dubs even if I see/hear them first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast