Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anime Expo 2005...

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iria
    In Anaheim... Orange County...
    In the Anaheim Convention center...
    Would you happen to know how far of a drive it'd be from Irvine?

Newbie Iria may be famous one day Iria may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzpay
    Would you happen to know how far of a drive it'd be from Irvine?
    Rought estimate about 30 minutes max...

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Anaheim Convention Center... i'm like 15 min away from anaheim.
    i never been to an anime convention or expo. When is it (dates)?
    How does this work, someone said that you need to preregister, i can't just go the same day and buy my ticket?
    Is it worth the trouble? what can you find in it besides movies & merchandise..do they have music shows or do they show a movie?
    can someone explain what exactly goes on in there?

Newbie gouri may be famous one day gouri may be famous one day gouri's Avatar
    Thanks
    Anime - Expo will be held from July 1st to the 4th. it will be in Anaheim, Orange County, in California.

u can buy tickets early and pre-register or u can also buy them at the door but the tickets will be more expensive. if u buy them before December 15 then it'll be $40, before March 15 will be $45, by May 15 will be $50, and tickets at the door will be $55. those prices are only if u buy tickets for all 4 days. if u just want to go for one day, it will be $25. for 2 days it will be $40. i think they have a discount for kids.

as for events, they usually have music w/ karaokes and dances, they shows movies, some type of art shop/show, different types of contests like cosplaying, and bunch of other fun stuff to do. i think its worth going at least once
    "Why do I feel like you're going to be the death of me" - Obi Wan Kenobi - Star Wars-Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    they also have company panels for Brocoli, ADV, Funimation, etc., where most of the time they announce new licenses and information BEFORE press release. Which is great, for example Harmony Gold announced inofrmation on the new series for Robotech at the same time the link went up on the website. I don't hear them do that for other conventions other than Otakon, and Anime Expo is known to be the biggest anime convention in the US (or at least with the biggest turn out).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2