Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anime friends

Newbie conan lover may be famous one day conan lover may be famous one day conan lover's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime friends

yeah my boy friend hates inuyasha or[adult swims shows] because its japanies and it involves demands but i luv that show - my fav charaters are- kogome ,kikio,inuyasha,naraku,shippo and songo!

Newbie HiME may be famous one day HiME may be famous one day HiME's Avatar
    Thanks

Growing up, I was the only person out of my social group who loved anime. I was the only one who watched anime and knew what it was. However, as I got older, I found a few people who were interested in anime. Now that I'm in highschool, there seems to be a large number of people who watch anime.

Some of my friends are casual viewers of anime, but they're not hardcore fans, like some other people I have met. It kind of sucks when you're the only one who gets excited over anime in your social group, and they look at you like some maniac. haha
    m a y d r e a m s c o m e s o f t l y

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been an anime fan for close to 8 years now. Since 1998/1999
    During most of that time I knew no one else who was into anime and all my friends through anime was either weird and/or stupid.

Main reason for this was that the first major anime series to be shown on free to air TV in Australia was Evangelion in 99.
    Eva is a love it or hate it affair, so I believe alot of would-be anime fans were turned off anime forever with Eva. But for others, like me it was the beginning of something wonderful.... but expensive. ^_^

My friend has a wallet says. "Anime. Crack is cheaper." It's so true.

In the very beginning my sister and my eldest cousin were casual anime fans, my cousin was the one who introduced me to anime, but in under two years they grew weary of it. Today... my sister thinks I'm weird for still liking anime and spending so much on it... but I get back at her by teasing her about her Harry Potter fangirlism.

I was a closet anime fan for about 5 or so years, only went to my first convention last year.
    Which was were I met/reunion with an old highschool friend of mine (2 years younger) and her best friend. My highschool friend's best friend is the biggest fan out of the two and she's about as big of a fangirl as me.
    So it took me 6 and a half years to find a friend who likes anime, but man now that we've found eachother... we have so much fun fangirling together.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

My anime friends now almost everything about anime. They have like 200 manga books. They let me borrow the Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemest, DNAngel, Fruits Basket, and Devil's Diary ones. Some people think they're weird though. Some of my friends can tell I like anime by the way I draw, and I guess they respect it, but don't quite understand it. They say its like, mixing hip hop with pokemon.

Newbie Rurouni Miss may be famous one day Rurouni Miss may be famous one day Rurouni Miss's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes i know what you all mean it took me also along time to find any anime friends untill i found my friend in grade 11 we traded manga books and anime movies and then we started a club at school.
    ~*Rurouni Miss*~

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

At first I didn't think any of my friends liked it, but now there is like a crowd of people that do. Granted some of them are just scary, exceptionally scary, but that's alright .^_^. However, I have one friend that I can talk to about anime for hours and he's attentive.

I wasn't really satisfied with one friend though .^_^. Therefore I introduced some of my friends to it...the ones I had a feeling would be into it, you know? Now we can have like marathons if we want.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

With the exception of someone I met off the net (who I now consider a "real" friend then just a net friend), none of my friends are as big of a fan as I am. My friend Jess (a guy) likes anime though. Not as much as me, but we did go to a convention together last year and he owns a couple of anime DVD's. I have no friends that are as into it as I am. It doesn't bug me though. I rarely talk about anime and I like watching it alone, it relaxes me.

Newbie badslildevil may be famous one day badslildevil may be famous one day badslildevil's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, usually when I have a friend that's into anime, they only really care about what they can get for free like, off TV and they dont even really care about it all that much. They don't buy it or anything, I have like... one friend who's even close to as big of an anime freak as me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    My friend has a wallet says. "Anime. Crack is cheaper." It's so true.
    Heh, I have the same wallet ^^;
    I LOOOOVE YAOI!!! w00t!! YEAH! GOOO BUMDARTS! Haha! That's my word, by the way. Don't steal it or I'll sick my yakuza squirrel army on j00!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2