Thread: anime game Requirements?

Newbie geishagallows may be famous one day geishagallows may be famous one day
    Thanks

anime game Requirements?

Uh Ive noticed alot of games that contain anime scenes and some characters, but does that actually classify those as 'anime games'? Or maybe its only classified as an anime/manga game if its based on an anime/manga? But then maybe the games not based on those things are simply japanese styled art games? I'm quite lost, whats what?
    undefinedundefinedI've never been to the moon, but I know no flowers grow there, from the blue star I wished to be on, I am forever bare. For I'm the flower, there is no other...the mirror is the blue...

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    LOTS of anime started off games and such. Also, animes spawned games.

You can get a definition of "WHAT IS ANIME" in the anime and manga forum.

You can apply this to both animes, mangas, and games.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

It would be hard to classify a 'Anime Game' genre because of a 'Chicken and egg' definition of console games and anime, what came first in the development?

Some of the most famous and well known anime series are based on video games such as 'Pokemon' (Pocket Monster), 'Sakura Wars' (Sakura Taisen), and 'Arc the Lad'

You also have cases where the video game is based on the Anime series (Ghost in the Shell, Full Metal Alchemist), and cases where the anime series and video games where co-developed together (.Hack, Serial Experiment Lain). Lately, there has been a trend for H-games and Dating Simulations to be the source of Anime series (Green Green, Sister Princess)

Console games have had a influence in the development of Anime, as Studo GONZO (Hellsing, Full Metal Panic, Gantz, Peace Maker Kurogane) first had its start creating cut scenes for console games...

You should probably consider 'Anime style' console games as the influence of Anime/Manga artistic style that is common in Japan...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie naota may be famous one day naota may be famous one day naota's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ah I've heard a little about the Sakura Wars games, never really looked up into it though.

If your looking for a good anime game and you like RPGs, go for Tales of Symphonia. I finished the game, though it took aobut 70 hours of my time.

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Yeah, 'Tales' has that almost scary anime field in it. The anime cutsences and the video in the beginning of the game, really awesome animation. .. . but it doesn't classifyas an anime game. I think if an anime is made into a game, (like many animes have) then it's an anime game. Other than that, games that look like anime, you know came from Japan
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Given enough time the only difference will be that one you just watch and the other you play. While I'm looking forward to the increased visual tech I just don't want it to be at the expese of game play and plot. Is there a difference? Sure, one is a game one isn't. All games these days are animated that's why they're called 'video' games, why make things more confusing. Anime, manga, game, good enough for me.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Aren't those games based off anime T.V. series, comics etc? Though if the style of artwork ties into your question, it might be different.