Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anime that has homosexuality your thoughts?

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime that has homosexuality your thoughts?

I don't care if it is straight or what ever type of anime as long as it doesn't suck and makes sence.I meant like it.That is all I get to said right now because I am watching Angel Sanctuary
    Perfection is dull

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't have a problem with yuri or yaoi anime, and i don't have anything against homosexuals either. in fact, i enjoyed the anime 'gravitation' - a yaoi anime. nothing hardcore, but yaoi none the less.

those who say they despise homosexuals... i'd say, they're just afraid of what others will think of them if they say that don't mind them. there are a lot of people who are afraid that people will think they like homosexuals if they say they're ok with it - which i think is pretty understandable, but foolish never the less. it's downright immature. and if you think about it, it's sexist too. so before someone decides to tell people that they dislike homosexuals, think about what you're actually saying.

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel
    so before someone decides to tell people that they dislike homosexuals, think about what you're actually saying.
    You're actually saying "I'm an ignorant, narrow minded, homophobic fool."

I could understand if you don't like a small number of gay people because week after week they have big gay orgies on your front lawn and you have to chase them away with rakes. But that still isn't a reason to despise every homosexual person on earth. Hehe.

I only hate one gay person, and that's my brother. But it's not because he's gay, it's because he's a narrowminded, self-centered, lazy, good-for-nothing prick of a person.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally don't mind shounen/shoujo -ai, yuri, or yaoi. I think that if you're not comfortable with it, then you shouldn't purposely watch an anime with it, and then complain about it.

Of course, the side question to this thread is: When do you start defining a series as shounen/shoujo -ai? Example being the GetBackers series. I know so many people who claim without doubt that Ginji and Ban are an item. That's just not how it is. Comradary(friendship) between same sex in Japan is very common. It's not unusual for guys to put their arms around a (guy) friend's shoulders and stuff like that. (Source: my japanese professor...from Japan.)

My own personal stand on the issue is that homosexuality themes in anime are not bad. I've seen Gravitation, Loveless, Utena, etc. They don't bother me, but they aren't for everyone.

AniManga Hound: I don't think that people are ignorant or narrow-minded simply because they're homophobic. Saying that is no better than saying stuff against homosexuality. Some people are against homosexuality simply because: 1)They're homophobic because they don't understand it, and 2)They don't come from or live in an environment that supports it which shapes their mindsets and opinions. Just as they shouldn't judge people because of their sexual preference, we who are comfortable with it shouldn't judge those who aren't simply because of that.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Newbie hinata89 may be famous one day hinata89 may be famous one day
    Thanks

well i personally think it's cool. it's new. what could be wrong with it. gravitation is awsome, same with revolutionary girl utena.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2