Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anime influence

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question anime influence

Everyone knows of Ghost in the Shell. They may also know of its influence on the producer of the matrix movies. What I want to know is if other big or notable hollywood films have been influenced by anime and manga? I want to know how these films were influenced and why the anime was significant enough to have such an influence.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: anime influence

I don't know of any particular anime influencing a major american movie, but the anime 'style' in general has influenced many film makers.
    I'm crap with examples, but one I do know is Kill Bill vol 1, with it's entire scene being animated anime style (by Production I.G) And of course, while the movie on a whole is influenced more on Kung Fu and similar films.... it's got an anime feel to it, especially, in my opinion... with Gogo's scene...

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

AEON FLUX comes out next month. It was an anime on liquid tv (MTV) for a while. I beleive it was one of the first to have a regular spot on basic american cable. And I think it helped introduce alot of people to anime with it being on MTV and all.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Thanks

But did Aeon Flux influence/ inspire any any hollywood films (not strictly major) that aren't strictly the same plot and story or genre, but which show clear or obscure links or references to the film (the same question goes for any anime/hollywood film).

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

As far as Hollywood animation goes, the Disney feature 'The Lion King' has been accused of plagiarizing Osama Tezuka anime/manga works of 'Jungle Emperor Leo'/'Kimba, the white Lion'. And the Disney feature 'Atlantis' has been accused of plagiarizing the GAINEX studio's series 'Nadia, The Secret of Blue Water'. (Nadia, in turn, was based on the same story proposal that resulted in the Miyazaki film 'Laputa: Castle in the Sky'...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie manman may be famous one day manman may be famous one day manman's Avatar
    Thanks

Theres alot of stuff about akira influencing hollywood big time especially the action movie genre because of its revolutionary new ways of presenting the action and its incredible environments and technology which still look futuristic to today like the bikes,the hoverbike things and city of Neo-Tokyo itself.

Also about Disney plagerising anime this may (or may not) be true but regardless we should all kinda thank disney for their work with making Studio Ghibli productings available to us humble English speakers.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure that anime has influenced a lot of film makers and writers in many ways... I have no examples... because everyone said what I was going to say LoL

Thanks

What about the flip side. Now we know that anime is bigger than first thought, I would now like to know if hollywood has had an influence on anime and manga.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast