Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime isn't REAL art.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime isn't REAL art.

He's right about one thing though; all freakin' anime girls are the same in looks, and actually, alot of the guys look like rejected female figures. Anime is an art, just a very feminine based art. apparently the artists who created it LOVED women. So I agree I suppose with the fact that anime girls all look the same, but not with the idea that anime is not an artform.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I don't need to calm down. I'm not excited. It's just an arguement I'm very familiar with.
    That comment wasn't directed at you.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    He's right about one thing though; all freakin' anime girls are the same in looks, and actually, alot of the guys look like rejected female figures. Anime is an art, just a very feminine based art. apparently the artists who created it LOVED women. So I agree I suppose with the fact that anime girls all look the same, but not with the idea that anime is not an artform.
    I don't agree with the 'fact' that all anime girls look the same.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Examples of what is considered art:

Andy Warhol:
    x

Jackson Pollock:
    x

But for some reason they say that this:
    x
    isn't.

You'll excuse me if I disagree.

Of course anime is art. If someone can splatter a canvas and sell it as art or just find an old chair that has been thrown to the curb and call it art (yes, someone did it) then I can call anime or any recognizable painted image art.
    Exactly, I grow tired of 'art recognizers'.
    You can 'rate' something for the effort someone took to make it but not for the end result.
    It's just too personal.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, well, I didn't nessisarly mean to use that word, because there's always exceptions of course...

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

OK......Here is my veiw point look at full metal Alchemist the graphics look really cool but take some cartoons that you see and they all look really dorky....I wished that I could draw anime like the japanese and even some big anime fans that I know do but then again I am not much of an artist I just like the shows they are fun o get into.......come on Anime is really cool looking...
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks

If you want to generalize anime there is a lot of it that is just mass produced with poor stories and familar drawing styles that lack any real expression (but I'm told the guys working on these type of series make very little).

There are some very beautiful 'anime' movies out there. Not only do the animators do a fantastic job but the story is very well done. Princesss Monouke is an example of an Anime that can prove that anime is the art of film-making first and animation second. It wasn't a child's story and received a lot of attention from Hollywood.

There isn't need to defend Anime. It speaks for itself time and time again, though the mainstream anime is mostly for 8 to 16 years old here in the west.

[J]

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Lol, well, anime is an art. A statement of creativity brought to life with the aid of a human mind. And anime is very diverse. Every anime that I see has a different style that individualizes that artist. That's why its so great! A great style with people working off of that style makes an incredibly awesome, diverse world of anime! * spins around and falls on ass*

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast