Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime isn't REAL art.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime isn't REAL art.

Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan
    "Oh please. I'm sick and tired of all these anime drawings. I mean, they all look the same, how can they be REAL art?"

Go on artists, defend yourself! You have to admit that anime characters all look the same, specially the girls with big eyes. Do you have to draw a real human body to call it real art?

I just wanna see what people come up with is all ^^
    I'd like to see your opinion on what is art and what isn't since you did indeed make the thread. So before I make a reply, enlighten me on your opinion
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    Here, here! Unforunitly, that is true.
    It is not unfortunate, because if it wasn't the case, if everything was trash or beautiful to everyone, then either everyone likes it, or everyone thinks its ugly. That would non diverse and if they don't like it bad for you.

Newbie Yz_Gurlie may be famous one day Yz_Gurlie may be famous one day Yz_Gurlie's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime is so an art! Sure there are some things that most anime have in common, but there are lots of things in life that are common, too. And in my opinion, and many others, life is a art.
    ~~ The heart has its reasons which reason does not know ~~

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vaines
    It is not unfortunate, because if it wasn't the case, if everything was trash or beautiful to everyone, then either everyone likes it, or everyone thinks its ugly. That would non diverse and if they don't like it bad for you.

In a perfect world, Everyone would have an open mind to everything, they would judge things on Merit and effort along with the finished product.

When I comment on something, I don't call it trash, even when the thing is repulsive to me. I've had too many of my works called that, and quite frankly, as an artist, I never want to see another artist go through that, its hurtfull and wrong.

But like I said, Unfortunitly, this isn't a perfect world.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

not all anime is the same, it's all similar but thats because it's a style, but if you look at the girls from last exile and compare them to excel they're different. i do beleive it is art, cos i think if someone can get away with making love in a bed and calling the dirty mess art i think when a group of people have worked ages doing 25 scetch's for each second it can be cvounted as art.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes yes, I am perfectly capable of drawing anime myself, I'm no hypocrite, please check my gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    I'd like to see your opinion on what is art and what isn't since you did indeed make the thread. So before I make a reply, enlighten me on your opinion
    Ahah and here I was thinking I could sit back and watch everyone fight over themselves, ah well...

I think art is anything you create . It could be out of your own creativity, it could be copied, it could be a photograph, it could be a poem. Yes, a poem is art. You create it, don't you? Art doesn't even need to be drawn. So, of course anime is art! A simplified human being, drawn.

And no offence to photographers and poets, but they are usually the ones complaining about anime not being art (on DevArt, just because the anime drawers get tons of comments compared to them)

But I have to tell the truth, once you've been drawing it for so long, it doesn't feel like art anymore. It feels repetitive and just the same all the time. That's why I'm trying to stop drawing in an anime style, but it's hard to stop once you get into it XD.

That's my two cents ^^
    関西は最高やねん

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan
    I think art is anything you create . It could be out of your own creativity, it could be copied, it could be a photograph, it could be a poem. Yes, a poem is art. You create it, don't you? Art doesn't even need to be drawn. So, of course anime is art! A simplified human being, drawn.

And no offence to photographers and poets, but they are usually the ones complaining about anime not being art (on DevArt, just because the anime drawers get tons of comments compared to them)

But I have to tell the truth, once you've been drawing it for so long, it doesn't feel like art anymore. It feels repetitive and just the same all the time. That's why I'm trying to stop drawing in an anime style, but it's hard to stop once you get into it XD.

That's my two cents ^^
    I agree. There are various degrees of art, but anything you create is art. (huge generalization coming on) The only people who criticize what other perceive to be art are pretentious fakes. They are the types who drink coffee, read philosophy books in visible view and use big words in every day language while claiming that the only real art came from the Renaissance.

Besides, just because things you create are art is no reason to get up in arms if anyone does. Because there is good art and there is bad art and while a scribble on a piece of paper could be considered art, can it really be considered good art? No probably not. With that said, anime is art, but not all of it is good art.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    I agree. There are various degrees of art, but anything you create is art. (huge generalization coming on) The only people who criticize what other perceive to be art are pretentious fakes. They are the types who drink coffee, read philosophy books in visible view and use big words in every day language while claiming that the only real art came from the Renaissance.

Besides, just because things you create are art is no reason to get up in arms if anyone does. Because there is good art and there is bad art and while a scribble on a piece of paper could be considered art, can it really be considered good art? No probably not. With that said, anime is art, but not all of it is good art.
    yeah i am one of those people who critisize art... because with that thinkign above about "various degrees of art" we have those idiotic peopel doing abstract garbage like that damn red dot in the middle of a white canvas that represents communism durign teh 1980s.... i shoudl burn all the abstract pieces in teh world especially teh damn dots! art is about technique, the colors and not always what it means. bad art is the 20th and 21st century art. it all went ot the crapper at the end of the victorian era with the start of WWI. what happened ot real talent like renoir, van gogh and rembrant? i give credit to salvador dali and his paintings. he's my favorite but that's as far as i will stretch.
    anime is not art as much as i love aniem and drawing my manga and i have tons of anime, no art school considers anime to be a serious form of art except teh cartoon places. art is working with paint and creating somethign beautiful out of the 5/6 main colors.
    "art for the sake of art" i dont' need some silly little poet reading meh is crap piece of writing he calls poetry with this modern stuff. i like my old victorina era nad the renaissance. renaissance is when art began and once WWI began people's psyche was ruined with the violence and images of death thus they went insane and some otherl unatic gave the dyign war hero a brush and the idiot painted away somethign that makes peopel gag.... not all art is art and when it comes ot art people should have skills and actually study art and its many forms. very few people are born with natural talent, it's mostly an eye for color.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast