Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Anime isn't REAL art.

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Anime isn't REAL art.

Sei-Chan... you want art... your not looking at all the art in AO, if your just looking at the drawings... You need to look a little harder at all the things that goes on here. My poetry is ART in words.... that's what I percieve it. As for the anime and manga stuff on AO, I call that art too. It's each person's want to create that makes them an artist. I've drawn a few things here... but not anime. I put anime flair into some things, but still it's not anime. Please, be a little more kind with your words. Words can stir emotions... if you don't think they do... read a few poems, or make me post Blackness again....

"Everything created by man, is ART, in one form or another..." -unknown-

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime isn't REAL art.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorified
    I didn't read the entire disscusion...
    But I do believe that anything man made that can cause a preson to react in an emotional way is art. Anime can make you laugh, cry, angry, etc. So I do consider anime art.

I totally agree with you. ..I mean anything that has any emotional upheaval IS considered art...so anyways, if you don't like anime why you here then?
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza

I totally agree with you. ..I mean anything that has any emotional upheaval IS considered art...so anyways, if you don't like anime why you here then?
    my god...
    Cheza, you should read closer
    Sei-chan was quoting someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan
    "Oh please. I'm sick and tired of all these anime drawings. I mean, they all look the same, how can they be REAL art?"

Go on artists, defend yourself! You have to admit that anime characters all look the same, specially the girls with big eyes. Do you have to draw a real human body to call it real art?

I just wanna see what people come up with is all ^^
    please note the quotation marks

[-_-]
    Last edited by Innerhell; Sep 07, 2005 at 04:39 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

LoL... This has been pretty well defended. What people have not attacked is the fact that what's considered true art in most people's minds is something that's incomprehensible but costs millions. If this is the case, then no anime is not true art. It's simply something that brings joy to many people's (and for the most part teens' and kids') lives. Some people don't consider emotions to play a part in deciding whether or not art is in fact true art, although that's why art was brought about in the first place. Whoever it is that says anime is not true art, I challenge thee to go out, buy a 50 million dollar painting, and show me what true art is. Until then, I'll be here, on AO.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8