Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime to Live Action

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    judging from Cuty Honey and SalorMoons and others. let's just say that I don't really expect must from those. but i have to admit that GTO and You're Under Arrest are pertty good

Newbie Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Gokusen is also really good. On the other hand, Gokusen went from manga to live-action to anime instead of manga to anime to live-action.
    Master Pivot - Wielder of the Coherent Light Bokken
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Yeah i am looking forward to the evangelion movie tho, if done right it could blow almost anything away......just have to keep my fingers crossed
    Hmm... yes It might but there is still Naussica or is Evan. going live action. uggg. I am all screwed up. still Naussica might make a good live film.??
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku sp00g may be famous one day sp00g may be famous one day sp00g's Avatar
    Thanks
    they made a GTO live action movie and it twas great! >.<
    i guess it depends on who directs and/or who acts.

THE KARAKURA LION JET!!! XD

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00g
    they made a GTO live action movie and it twas great! >.<
    i guess it depends on who directs and/or who acts.
    I heard abot the GTo. was it a movie or a series? not sure but people seen to like it a lot.
    I think the problem with trying to make an amine into a live action movie is that they try top fit all the episodes (20-30 depens on the anime) into a 2 hour movie. Leaving out characters, scenes and dialogue that is important to the plot.
    What they should is make an OVA into a live action movie, something new. But they wouldn't do that because they would only attract the fans of that particular anime (that already know the story), and that would not be so profitable for the studio, i guess.

I'm waiting for the live action Initial D Movie. Eventhough it doesn't seen that they follow the manga or the anime.

Are they making the Evangelion Movie in the USA or Japan, Not sure how advanced are the special effects on Japan but here are pretty good. If they are making it in Japan i hope they parnert with a big studio from here, so they could get a huge budget and make a bad@$$ movie

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The live action GTO Movie was based on the live action GTO TV series, which quickly became the highest rated TV program in the history of Japanese television networks. The live action series was not based on the Anime, instead it was based on the same original Manga series that Anime series was based on.

There has been no official word on an official lead studio for the Evangelion Movie. This is currently still in the proposal stage, looking for a lead production studio, director, and funding...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The live action GTO Movie was based on the live action GTO TV series, which quickly became the highest rated TV program in the history of Japanese television networks. The live action series was not based on the Anime, instead it was based on the same original Manga series that Anime series was based on.

There has been no official word on an official lead studio for the Evangelion Movie. This is currently still in the proposal stage, looking for a lead production studio, director, and funding...
    Thanks for the info

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira
    judging from Cuty Honey and SalorMoons and others. let's just say that I don't really expect must from those. but i have to admit that GTO and You're Under Arrest are pertty good

you mean you didn't like the Cutey Honey live-action? (yeah, it was pretty darn cheesy, but the actress was pretty hot )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast