Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Masterpieces

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Masterpieces

Hello guys, I was just wondering... What Anime Titles do you consider to be a masterpiece?

Otaku Madness Combat may be famous one day Madness Combat may be famous one day Madness Combat's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Masterpieces

My opinion is Fruits Basket. It's got comedy, romance, and a little bit of action. I find it amazing because when I first saw it I thought, "Phfft, a girly anime." But I was hooked onto it. They made an anime that got my attention without extreme violence or hot anime girls.

Another is Fullmetal Alchemist. My opinion, it totally owns Harry Potter!! The average 6th grade non-anime kid only knows the word magic, and not alchemy. Very creative plot.

Thanks to socketto for the avatar and banner!

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

most of the Studio Ghibli movies, FLCL, Akira, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Satoshi Kon movies and Paranoia Agent, Ghost in the Shell movies, Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain

there's more, but these are the ones at the top of my head
    Last edited by Innerhell; Sep 12, 2005 at 05:47 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie Aka_Nihon may be famous one day Aka_Nihon may be famous one day Aka_Nihon's Avatar
    Thanks

i would say Dragonballz and dragonballz only...I don't like the dragonball series or dragonball gt....DBZ has nice animation when it comees to fights and other stuff like that...the characters are great too=]
    '' AKA NIHON ''

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

*laughs* I made a thread like this one not that long ago, but the title was concerning 'Classics', not masterpieces, but I suppose it is the same thing. However, now I think I have a better mind set to answer this question.

Spirited Away is a masterpiece, hands down. It is my favorite movie, no thoughts edgewise. All of Hayao Miyazaki's works are wonderful and in themselves masterpieces, but Spirited Away stands out.

Revolutionary Girl Utena, in my opinion of course, is a masterpiece. One of my favorite animes .^_^. Everything about it...just wow.

Another is FLCL, but I just realized that when you hear 'classic' and 'masterpiece', it makes you think of different things. A classic is different from a masterpiece for some reason...hard to explain. Also, I think Metropolis is a masterpiece, even if not everyone likes it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion after all .^_^.

I really like Stellvia, but I'm hesitant to call it a masterpiece only because I haven't seen the whole series yet
    Last edited by QueenOfGames; Sep 13, 2005 at 01:01 PM.

Newbie Uzumaki_Nariko may be famous one day Uzumaki_Nariko may be famous one day
    Thanks

For me, it's a tie for FMA, Gravitation, and Ceres.
    Uzumaki Nariko
    Sister of Uzumaki Naruto
    Lover to Iruka-sensei

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Naussica of the Valley of the Wind is a great masterpeice. I saw the poorly edited and dubbed version from 15 years ago and fell in love with it. Now with the new Studio Ghibli release I can see it as it was ment to be seen.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is another great classic. Just the animation alone sets it apart from all other animie.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The first RK OVA (Tsuioku Hen).
    Blew -and still blows- viewers away with it's gritty graphic style and entrancing music.

The only negative I have about that film is that they made Tomoe ugly.
    From serene hawtness in the manga to serene blandness in the OVA.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast