Anime Online Rules and FAQs
ANIME ONLINE RULES
Anime Online is run by a group of individuals who have come together to form one of the best online communities just for anime fanatics. As with any great community there must be rules and enforcers of those rules to ensure that all can fully enjoy this community and that it maintains the maximum amount of order and tranquility. The following is a listing of the site leaders and the rules they will be enforcing:
Administrators (Appear in Light Orange):
- Dragon Ball - Site Owner and Operator
Their duties are to facilitate ways to mature and grow the site to the best of their abilities while keeping the best interests of the community intact. This is through the promotion, advancement, and general upkeep of the site. This also includes the selection of the next set of "leaders" on the board:
Super Moderators (Appear in Light Green):
- LenMiyata (Head Moderator)
- Soldat of life
Gallery Moderators (Appear in Light Yellow)Their duties are to enforce the rules and guidelines outlined in this document.
Please read through this document carefully as it contains important information for users on how to utilize our forums as well as essential rules on how to conduct oneself on our board.
- You must use correct information when registering. This includes your email address and real name.
- Strictly no impersonation. Do not impersonate any person, forum leaders, guides or Admins, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Names which are similar to those of the forum leaders or the Administration will be deleted. For example, it is unacceptable to register a username of "Dragon Ball-7" given the administrator of this site’s username is "Dragon Ball".
- Do not register an obscene or slanderous name. Administration will delete any account created with offensive names.
- Do not register an obscene or slanderous avatar/signature. It will be deleted and you will be reprimanded.
- Insults towards other members, Admins or Moderators, excessive swearing, cursing and foul language is not allowed. Any member seen behaving in an aggressive manner shall face an immediate ban. Members are equal and anyone with a 'god-complex' will not be tolerated.
- Don't request licensed materials, illegal content or pornography.
- Avoid typing in capital letters. Typing in caps can be interpreted as "shouting".
- Praising of the killing of innocent civilians, ethnic minorities, arguing in favor of or providing links in support of such arguments is emphatically prohibited. Violators of this rule will be banned without delay.
- Newly registered members are not allowed to advertise their own sites in signatures until they have a post of count of at least 50. Otherwise, such signatures will be deleted.
- Custom Avatars are only available to Community Members and higher. To become a Community Member, you will need to reach 50 posts or more. Avatars are restricted to 80 x 80 for all usergroups excluding Staff and Veterans.
- Do not upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that is prohibited by law, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- We welcome vibrant and educated discussions. However, we advise personal discussions are kept off our regular forums. Any talk of a personal nature should be taken to private PMs or to external services like MSN Chat, Yahoo Messenger, Skype and so forth.
- Do not flood the forum with random long postings that are impossible to read. Do not repetitively post the same thing. Do not post the same topic in multiple forums as all such threads will be removed. Do not double post on an individual thread. An example of what is acceptable and unacceptable when posting is demonstrated below:
Someone else's post
Someone else's post
- Avoid posting large images in the forum. Use the gallery for all your image posting and commenting. This is to keep the amount of scrolling down and to keep the board as clean as possible.
- No junk posting. Give your threads and posts useful content. Posts such as "This is great", "I agree" etc., will be deleted.
- When creating or replying to a thread, try to use a descriptive Title. This makes it easier for all to quickly know whether your information is of interest to them. A Title with "Hi" really doesn't mean much.
- Please utilize the "Search" feature before creating a new topic, as the same topic may already have been posted and discussed previously.
- Please maintain proper conduct when replying to other members. Bad language and misbehavior will not be tolerated at any cost.
- Exercise courtesy at all times. Make use of the "Edit" button found next to each post if you wish to edit a comment.
- Please read the forum description before posting or opening a new topic, i.e. post in the relevant forum sections. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Members should use a "normal font" and avoid the excessive use of capital letters.
- Members are restricted to start no more than 4 threads a day. Please do not flood the forum with excessive, useless posting.
- Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
- Please use the Journals for information of personal nature. The forums should only be used for discussions.
- Members who post on a regular basis will have the privilege to utilize the Gallery section. Only content which is your own can be uploaded here. Any "leached" content will result in the member being banned without delay.
- Advertising in any thread will result in an infraction, no exceptions. You may advertise in your signature and journal only.
- Contests are allowed subject to approval by staff.
- DO NOT MAKE LIST THREADS! IT WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM!! Favourite threads are allowed only if you explain as to why it is your favourite.
- Please do not pseudo mod. We have Moderators on the forums for a reason, it is not your job to correct other members.
- Your main signature image has a maximum size of 500 (width) x 115 (height) pixels, with a maximum file size of 200Kb.
- 1 userbar is allowed in your signature, the maximum dimensions are 400 (width) x 20 (height) pixels.
2 userbars are allowed for clan leaders (one extra userbar to show their clan leader status).
- Text in signatures is limited to 4 lines. Blank lines are also counted towards the text line limit. The max. text size allowed in any signature is size 3.
The Galaga System
Below your avatars in the userstats legend you will notice little shields. Each shield represents a post count as listed below:
http://www.animeonline.net/images/galaga/10.gif = 5 posts
http://www.animeonline.net/images/galaga/50.gif = 50 posts
http://www.animeonline.net/images/galaga/100.gif = 100 posts
http://www.animeonline.net/images/galaga/500.gif = 500 posts
http://www.animeonline.net/images/galaga/1000.gif = 1,000 posts
http://www.animeonline.net/images/galaga/5000.gif = 5,000 posts
http://www.animeonline.net/images/galaga/10000.gif = 10,000 posts
http://www.animeonline.net/images/galaga/25000.gif = 25,000 posts
Anime Online - Admin / Moderator Permissions
You agree, through your use of this service, you will do your utmost to follow the rules and regulations presented above. Violation of these rules can (and will) result in any of the following: thread deletion, thread closure, warnings, public humiliation, temporary suspension of account and permanent banning from Anime Online.
- Animeonline.net is not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, entirety or convenience of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message posted on our boards.
- Animeonline.net is not responsible for any external links which are posted on our forums. We may not necessary agree or condone the content of any external site. Please inform the Administrators or Moderators in the event any questionable links are found on our site.
- Please utilize the "report" post feature to notify the moderators of any objectionable posts on the forums.
- We have the ability to remove questionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we believe removal is necessary.
- Members are free to discuss anime-related topics and informed discussions, but please bear in mind the Administrators and Moderators have the full right to edit/delete any posts or threads.
- In the event an argument arises between you and a Moderator of this forum, and you believe you have been dealt with unfairly, please contact an administrator presenting the full case. He will review the situation and take necessary action.
- The admins will appoint moderators whom they feel are suitable for the role and also as many as they believe are needed. Do not ask to become a moderator. Your posts on the forums and maturity in conduct will play a role in you being considered as a moderator if a position for the post becomes available.
- The Moderators and Administration are the authority of this site. Do not argue, disrespect or harass them in anyway, either via private messages, e-mail, on the board, or through any other form of communication.
- Duplicating any material on this site and/or using such material on your own sites without prior permission from the owners is emphatically prohibited. Any violation of our copyrighted material will immediately result in a complete ban from our site for all those involved. This rule applies but is not limited to the site’s terms of usage, rules, privacy statement, or any wallpaper that are copyrighted by AO or its members. If these are found on your site/forum and without such written permission it will result in an automatic banning of you and any of your staff that are registered on AO. A formal report will be issued to your site’s host to remove your site immediately for copyright infringement and legal action against you will be considered.
- Any attempt to harm animeonline.net or destroy our site/forum in anyway will be result in severe action being taken. We will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against any criminal attempt to sabotage our site. Consider yourselves warned.
Anime Online Rules and FAQs
All members please note that Junk Posting is no longer allowed at Anime Online.
No-one wants to read another members "Junk Posting" and it just clutters up the forums and hides useful information.
I'm sure many members dislike reading garbage, and so from now on, let's all be responsible members of AO.
Please only reply or post a new thread if you have something useful to say.
Posts such as:
Will be deleted and an infraction given.
- I agree
- This rocks
- Checkout this site.... (link)
- Anime rules
- Hello, I'm new.
Also remember to give your posts and threads meaningful titles. A title of "Help" is not meaningful and does not describe accurately what is contained within a post.
The staff here are all working very hard to bring you an enjoyable forum with content rich posts. Your co-operation is appreciated.
Anime Online Rules and FAQs
We are trialling the re-introduction of favourite threads. You can now ask about other's favourites, however you MUST EXPLAIN WHY IT'S YOUR FAVOURITE!
Simply posting a name/title and declaring it's your favourite is nothing more than a list post. List posts are still not allowed. That is, posts that comprise of no explanation as to why you chose a certain favourite.