Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anime Pet Peeves

Newbie ligar may be famous one day ligar may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    ok this is one I don't quite get...any anime in particular u can point out??
    mahoromatic weatch se2 the last two eps the main folks die :P

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I hate how anime has a real problem with showing two characters say "I love you," and be blantantly in a romantic relationship. They like to keep things too damn ambigous. A specific example would be Claus and Lavi in Last EXILE.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Newbie MiSTrGosH may be famous one day MiSTrGosH may be famous one day MiSTrGosH's Avatar
    Thanks
    I hate when they use way to much time revisiting the previous episode - cutting down on the new stuff.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiGohan
    And love triangles ahhhh there are always love triangles.... that just happend in Last Exile for me
    that was more like a love octagon....all the girls had it in for claus. but then again, look at the other guys on there. they weren't exactly lovable, what with the captain in tortured soul mode and the mechanics were monkeys. and let's not start with deo...

random tentacles are my pet peeves. there's always that one episode when the villain gets super ugly, grows tentacles, snatches the girls and flip them over. and they just happened to be the one thats wearing the skirt, or the tentacles somehow squishes the boobies...sheesh.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    My Anime Pet Peeves.

The Whole Inuyasha Series.

The whole Full metal alchemist series

The whole yu yu hakusho series.

Why? Becuase they're all just a steaming pile of dog waste.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    My Anime Pet Peeves.

The Whole Inuyasha Series.

The whole Full metal alchemist series

The whole yu yu hakusho series.

Why? Becuase they're all just a steaming pile of dog waste.
    I dont think their asking for what series you dont like, just liittle thing in anime itself that piss you off. Just because you say those shows are crap, doesnt mean Im going to stop likeing them.

BTW Inuyasha and Yu YU Hakusho Rule!!!!!
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 20, 2004 at 12:39 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    shadowdeath got banned??!!

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks

The “Gainax Problem”

Something I like to refer to as the “Gainax Problem”. You take a great anime, say like, oh, I don’t know… Neon Genesis Evangelion – have a great storyline, compelling animation, all the good stuff. Now, you run the series perfectly until around the 22nd/24th episode and then you take the last few remaining episodes turn the whole plot on it’s ear and shoot everything straight to hell.

Now, I want everyone to know that I personally love Eva, and I’m not talking about the production values dropping since just about everyone knows the story about the lack of funding for the last half of the show. What I’m referring to is the storyline itself. When you’re humming along happily, content with what your watching, and you get to the ending, only to be left with that WTF feeling. For me, it just ruins the whole thing.

(NOTE: This can probably be filed under crappy endings, although it is a more specific type of crappy ending. )

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast